Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious what others are getting on their X5 with N55 6 cylinder. Yesterday we drove down to myrtle beach from WNC, mostly interstate driving & we only got 21.7 mpg. The wife typically gets 17ish around town driving. Car is cpo with 60k, new plugs & filters + a couple bottles of fuel cleaner in last 3k miles.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
134 Posts
mine is around 21mpg for 40k miles life time with gentle driving style. So your number is not far off. for BMW, the mpg depends a lot on driving style. if you are into fuel saving thing, there is an app from BMW (BMW connected classic) to help you adjust your driving style to get maximum mpg.

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts
We get around 18 city, 23 hwy, 21 combined. Agreed with previous poster, driving habits/style along with electronic driving modes/start-stop, makes a big difference. I've noticed, around town, when using the start-stop feature, get 18-19 MPG, with it off, hardly 17.

We come from a E83 X3 with the 3.0L M54 motor, and the F15 performs MUCH better an returns better mileage.

All in all, as long as we get 350-370 miles per full tank, I'm not really concerned about the MPG, these are BMW's not Prius.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We get ~23 combined but we don’t live in a city. 33 at 65mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
@ComasF15....That's amazing. EPA only rates the F15 at 18 city & 26 Highway & 21 combined

·
Registered
135 Posts
I guess there is a mpg computer, when I first got the car last December, it had horrible 17.7mpg combined, I drive mostly local with a light foot, now I have about 21 mpg combined.
My guess is the car is still adjusting to your driving style, it’ll get better if you are not racing ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Combined is now 22.5. Most of our miles are at ~60. 8 mile trip to town or 25 mile trip to city. We have very little stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I am disappointed with the poor city mpg. I might get 33 if I was coasting downhill with the engine off. Mine is a 2018 with 8500 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 X5, x-drive, 49,000miles. Last week: Light foot - 27.8mpg Charlotte to Richmond (68.0 avg mph which includes two stops along the way, EcoPro). Medium foot - 25.5mpg Richmond to Charlotte (70.0avg mph, two stops, EcoPro).

Wife: Moderately heavy foot - 20-23mpg in combined city/highway driving.

Premium fuel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I take mine on a long trip. I will put it in eco mode.
I will get 26 to 27 mpg. In town driving with a lot of stop and go
it's 18.5. My commute to work is 25 miles takes 45 to 55 mins.
Got to love Houston traffic.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a 35D bought and the deal fell through at the last minute. I rerouted to a 35i and picked it up Tuesday in Knoxville. 19,000 miles. I am thrilled with the truck and gold I went with the gasser. Smooth and more than enough power.

I drove Knoxville to Ft Lauderdale. 80MPH. 24.2MPH for the whole trip.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm just curious what others are getting on their X5 with N55 6 cylinder. Yesterday we drove down to myrtle beach from WNC, mostly interstate driving & we only got 21.7 mpg. The wife typically gets 17ish around town driving. Car is cpo with 60k, new plugs & filters + a couple bottles of fuel cleaner in last 3k miles.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Bimmerfest mobile app
I have had around 25 mpg driving between Phoenix and Las Vegas with a reasonable load. Two adults with luggage. When you mix in the city driving it drops to 21.5. Not bad for an SUV.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Round trips from Las Vegas to Los Angeles shows 21.7 onboard computer. That's 70+MPH on highway both ways and a lot of stop and go in terrible LA traffic. Premium fuel, tire pressure 36PSI all around. Not bad for a 4,800# SUV.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am easy on mine, but around town I get 21-22, but when I do just highway I get about 28.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts