Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
A little more help if you're unfamiliar with the realoem site.

Enter the last 7 of the vin, like Marcozandrini recommended. Go to rear axle, and scroll down to rear axle carrier. For my car, it was part number 9 on the diagram.
From there you can get the part number.

Personally, I would go to FCPEURO.COM, enter your car, go to drivetrain and axle then differential.
This is what you get:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-subframe-differential-mount-rear-heavy-duty-33176751808my

I used the Myle HD bushing, and FCPeuro has a lifetime warranty on parts.

A little forewarning, this job is a major pain. BMW has a special press tool to get it in and out. I recommend an air hammer with a few different chisel heads. Be very careful not to hit the aluminum carrier.
You can pound the new one in and use a ball joint style press to get it in.
Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go to www.realoem.com and enter the last 7 characters of the car’s vehicle identification number. Hit enter and bookmark the page. Scroll down to rear axle. Then scroll down to rear axle carrier.
That www.realoem.com site is awesome. It's helping me see just how many parts that last owner left off of his radiator replacement and what's caused me to lose two expansion tanks in as many weeks.

If I was more familiar with these cars I might have been able to see what was wrong, but you can't see what's not there. Any way, thanks for the pointer to that site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts