BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 bmw 325is five speed. i was wondering what performance parts will give me the most power for my money? i have 590 dollars to spend on performance upgreads. i already have a borla catback exhaust. i was thinking about buying a k+n intake system and headers. but i have no idea what headers are the best to buy? and if there is something that will give me more power i would rather have that. thanks

·
328i for life
694 Posts
Another good performance booster is a chip for your car. DINAN is selling their software at half off through August I think...not sure if chips count too but worth a shot! Also if you are looking for an intake check out cosmosracing.com for their cold air intake :thumbup:

·
BMWCCA 149159
2,876 Posts
Chip

You will get a lot more performance for the dollar with a good chip like TMS has done by Jim Conforti. I will compliment your exhaust well and you should have enough left over for a good cold air intake..

The chip will make a significant difference.
I second the previous poster's suggestion to get a chip.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Your best Bang for the Buck will be making improvements to getting air (and fuel) into and out of the Engine.

I also have a '92 325i 5 Speed, mine is Granite Grey. So far, it is stock save for Synthetic Oils in the Engine, Trany, and Differential, and a K&N Filter in the stock location.

Do a search for the mod that cuts the air intake tube out of the Air box to improve air flow into the air filter for FREE!

·
Still here
12,188 Posts
I agree.

I would go for a K&N CAI to compliment your Cat Back. that way you have loads of air going in and plenty of room to get it out again......fast!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts