BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Old School
4,146 Posts
Replace the all suspension bushes and get a four wheel alignment. Fully service the brakes. THEN make it go faster - if it wont corner or stop any 'fun' is going to be short lived.

PS - The 'e' motor will never be as fast as an 'i' motor but can still be improved. Not having to slow down for bends as much as others have to will make it appear quick......

· Registered
262 Posts
Put a snail in it :p

But seriously I am a believer of having a car in tip top fully serviced condition before making performance improvements. As above bushes, filters, fluids, gaskets etc. Maybe tell us a bit more about the car?

· if it wasn't for that...
717 Posts
Replace all suspension with after market shocks, springs or ground control coilover conversion. new Bushings, and new sway bar links. As noted early, making everything run good should be first priority so you don't die trying to take a turn at some crazy speed while your brakes are just about shot. Eta's aren't fast. You want real power? Swap a I's head on to it, and buy a nice turbo and get it tuned really well.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the car is in perfect condition mechanically. Everything is pretty much brand new on it, its just all stock the car was my dads before I got it from him plus it has really low miles 106xxx original.

· Prankbuddie
5 Posts
Agreed get it running well and have Tuned up nothing like it running and sounding great mine E30 320 Has been Tuned and Chipped had a few other mods driving is a lot more fun. The brakes are a big one also. If you wnat me to send you a few pics and spec on mine give you some ideas can send across. Have fun with it!

· East Bound And Down
2,873 Posts
The eta responds very well to being chipped, better acceleration and moving that rev limiter up helps a little too.

other than that, like everyone else said suspension and brakes first

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.