BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Backstory; I have a 1997 Z3 and it stopped cranking when I took it to a mechanic for a front-end repair. After taking it to 4 different mechanics who all promised they could figure it out, I parked it under a shop for the past year. (Don’t bother hitting me with the ‘I would have made him fix it/it must be something simple’)...

So, I looked at it again and I want to get rid of it, the engine ran great before it stopped cranking. The tires may or may not hold air and the back window is torn out. The pain job is in great condition and interior is so-so.

Is there any sense in trying to find someone who would buy it for $2,000 or should I scrap it for $200? Or are there any other good options for me?

Malay this point I just want to get rid of it but I don’t want to bother putting it on autotrader if nobody is likely to buy it. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Given the scarcity of BMW parts I would think you could part it out and make a ton of money.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Given the scarcity of BMW parts I would think you could part it out and make a ton of money.
+1 Clean it up, see what condition things are really in, especially small parts and start stripping it down. Start on the inside. Having just gone through a useless hunt for a hood, they are NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE. If the right side looks as good as the left, it alone is worth almost your $2000 figure and light years ahead of your $200 scrap price

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you decide to part it out, I need a left door panel and handle pull.
Thought I would just let you know.
Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Here is one of many sites you could use.
BMW Selling/wanted page in facebook.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts