BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.
My pickup date is March 26. That's 35 days from now. I know my order has been placed and I can see it on the BMW site. That's all I know. My dealer hasn't said anything to me in a few weeks. I know he needs my and my son's passport copy. When should I expect to hear from him? I assume I need to sign all the lease papers soon. I thought I heard you get a "welcome package" from BMW with maps etc. Do I get that and how? Do I need to request that somehow. I also need to ask my CA for that cord so I can use my iphone as an ipod over there (hopefully that will work).

·
The One who Drives.
880 Posts
My delivery is not until 4/18, yesterday (2/18) I received a welcome package with badges, books, some papers, welcome notes etc. I have not signed PO yet, I have not finalized my lease through BMW FS yet. My car has been produced and is waiting for me in Munich. :mad: Two months - one day from today... :bawling:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
I assume I need to sign all the lease papers soon.
Signing starts the lease. Best for you if you sign as close to pickup as your CA will allow.

You can call BMW for an update on your car's production status.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I'm not keeping exact track, but . . .

12/30 emailed my CA to order the car
late Jan sent in the PO to my CA
late Jan got the welcome package from BMW (no maps, basically a brochure about BMW Welt and luggage tags)
early feb sent copy of passport, drivers license
last Mon got the actual "papers" - sales, finance, etc. signed it all and sent it all back to CA on Mon (FedEx)
leaving this Sunday, my delivery date is next Tuesday.

I thought it was close, but my CA reassured me everything was fine and in order. plus, by waiting till the last week to sign finance papers, my first payment isn't due till end of March.

just checked weather.com -- suppose to snow on my pickup day. doh!!!

kash

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think he's going to be doing much driving. I think his is going to be a short trip.

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
He still has to get the car to Harms. They may not let him drive off on summer tires.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
soledoc, you're right -- I'll have the car for less than 24 hours before it's time for me to fly back.
if the weather is really bad, then i'll ask someone from Harms to pick it up (think it's an extra 50 euros or something) when the weather is better.
keep checking weather.com, looks like wed will be clear, so hopefully I can take it out, take a few pics and then drop it off.

wife and I did this almost 5 years ago, also a whirlwind 48 hour stay, but in May. We saw a lot of Munich, drove on Autobahn, went to Dachau, etc, etc. here I thought I'd be able to do Ludwig's castle this time around; now I'll feel lucky if I make it to Nymphenberg palace!! Kash

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.
My pickup date is March 26. That's 35 days from now. I know my order has been placed and I can see it on the BMW site. That's all I know. My dealer hasn't said anything to me in a few weeks. I know he needs my and my son's passport copy. When should I expect to hear from him? I assume I need to sign all the lease papers soon. I thought I heard you get a "welcome package" from BMW with maps etc. Do I get that and how? Do I need to request that somehow. I also need to ask my CA for that cord so I can use my iphone as an ipod over there (hopefully that will work).
If you haven't signed the PO ( purchase order ) used to register your car in Germany,you had better do so now or you might not have a car to p/u.He just needs a copy of your passport.This has nothing to do with billing you out........you'll probably receive the welcome packet after the ED office receives your PO.Your CA should give you the Ipod cord when you go in to finish the paperwork...

·
Registered
93 Posts
welcome package

. . . . I thought I heard you get a "welcome package" from BMW with maps etc. Do I get that and how? Do I need to request that somehow.
soledoc---You should have received the welcome package by now. My ED pick up date is 3/30. I just received my "welcome package" today however according to my CA I should have received it soon after I signed my PO (1/16). I had to contacted both my CA and BMWED to have them Fedex my welcome package. I received it 3 days later. Send your request with your production number to:

[email protected]
[email protected]

By the way, there is not much in it. It does have a good map of the rail system and directions to the Welt with transportation options. Also the luggage tags are pretty cool but not much else. Most of this information you could find on this forum or on the BMW website. See you in Munich!!!:rofl:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got my welcome package two days ago. Still haven't signed my purchase order. I think tomrrow will be 32 days before pickup. The paperwork said it has to be signed 30 days prior to pickup. I'm going to get over to the dealership myself tomorrow and sign it...I even emailed the CA and haven't heard from him regarding this.

I also heard from Rolf and he will pick me up at Vikase and drive me to the airport Kempinski for the final night.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Another Clueless CA?

Still haven't signed my purchase order. I think tomrrow will be 32 days before pickup. The paperwork said it has to be signed 30 days prior to pickup. .
Another reminder that you need to deal with an experienced CA, such as a Board Sponsor. Your CA should have demanded the PO was signed long before now. What is he waiting for? Your order to be purged? More likely he/she is clueless to the process.

Thank goodness you are an educated consumer, can you imagine the average schmuck showing up in Munich and being surprised to find that the only car he is driving is a rental car.

Remember to finalize the finance & purchase agreement / bill of sale 10-15 days before delivery or you DEFINATELY will not have a car in Munich........

Enjoy yourself!!!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I emailed him again today and left him a phone message today (even though they are closed). I'll be marching in there tomorrow demanding the PO gets done and I'll give him the copy of my passports.

then there's just one more step, right? Getting the financing done 10-15 days prior to leaving. Then, I should feel comfortable that my own car will be waiting for me at the Welt.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Correct

I emailed him again today and left him a phone message today (even though they are closed). I'll be marching in there tomorrow demanding the PO gets done and I'll give him the copy of my passports.

then there's just one more step, right? Getting the financing done 10-15 days prior to leaving. Then, I should feel comfortable that my own car will be waiting for me at the Welt.
After the PO, you only (easy for me to say) pay for the car.........then it will be all settled.

Did you recieve a letter with a pick up time?? Normally you only get this after the PO is signed.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well maybe I'm OK. I've had my delivery time for almost a month. I knew that just a few days after I left my dealer with my deposit money. So maybe the PO has already been done?

I emailed my CA today and he returned my email and asked for my passport, drop off location and date. Still waiting to hear from him to tell me all is well.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went to the dealership today and saw my CA. He had the papers ready for me to sign.

I reviewd the purchase order which was correct and had all the information filled in properly. Signed that p.1, signed p.2 terms and conditions and also p.3, signed p.4 power of attorney (which I now notice must be notarized...so I sent my CA an email reminding him to make sure that gets done before he mails it to NJ), then signed p. 5 release and customer notification regardign cold weather driving conditions.

I told hiim I'd be in touch with him in 2 weeks so we can get together for the final signing of the lease papers. Then we talked about volvos for about 1/2 hour. He hooked me up with a parts car to get a hood for my '87 240 wagon....but I digress.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got my confirmation letter today from BMW ED. It looks like my persistence paid off in getting my CA to get the paperwork going yesterday. thanks to you guys here for the information. If not, I may have showed up in Munich without my car waiting for you. Now all I need to do is sign the lease papers in a few weeks.

28 days and counting.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts