BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What size Torx on clutch housing for the N47 (E87)?

Tags
clutch n47
952 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  mr_bean 
#1 ·
Attempting to get the clutch housing off but the torx bolts are causing a problem. T40 have a slight wiggle and will round off the bolt (already slipped on one just using a wrench), T45 are too big.

Anyone know the correct size or another method to remove them? Not sure if it's the original clutch housing. It's a LUK.

Thanks.

#5 ·
Not a stupid question at all. Appreciate the follow up. It was my first thought when neither fit properly that it was an allen head, but there's a definite star shape to the holes.

Saying that though, I think I'll hunt about for some allen keys just to see if they do fit better. Failing that I might just have to buy one of those bolt extractor things and just mangle the head taking it out. Pretty sure I read these bolts need to be replaced anyway.

Really weird though. But then everything about my N47 seems different than everything else I find online about them.:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.