BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Lost but making good time
3er + 3er + 4er = 10er, Bimmers?!
6,696 Posts
Photos of the wheel face are unreliable because replicas (knockoffs) exist for many wheel styles. Replicas are often specifically designed and sold to fit models on which the Genuine BMW wheel will not fit.

Tips for identifying a BMW wheel are here. You need photos of all the identifying marks cast into the reverse of the wheel.

Reactions: Llarry and nocdavis

· Registered
359 Posts
I think those are just a wheel with a BMW cap. They aren't bad looking but aren't OE from what I can tell (you would see a BMW part no or Austria, etc. on the back but it's more like tire info from the pix provided).

Reactions: nocdavis

· Registered
359 Posts
I had some knockoff AMG wheels on my W140 Mercedes and the one wheel leaked air at the bead. Neighbor cleaned it up at his shop and remounted the tire and things were fine but I sold it later on so not sure longevity. I think the car is still around with those rims on it.

I would be worried about leaks and or cracking with the Chinese stuff but I will say I've dealt with cracking on two different style OE wheels (66's & 189's) so even then...for the right price they might not be terrible to have on the car tho

Reactions: nocdavis

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the seller is looking for $850 with the Blizzaks on them. He says they came off a 2018 X5 so I would assume 5 x 120 lug pattern. I plan to use them for going up to our mountain house near Snowshoe WV...which is like 1.5 miles of gravel road at 3-4K elevation. Was looking for a set that wouldn't upset me if they get beat up by the gravel roads, salt, etc... I'm going to go out on a limb and say I doubt these have TPMS sensors.

The only other PITA is I got to drive 6 hours round trip to pick these up.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts