BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into a Supercharger for my BMW for a while now. I am stuck between the AA Supercharger and the ESS Supercharger. I was wondering if anyone had Dino info for both of these products. AA Claims the following... 330i E46 354 hp with 277.5 WHP 245.5 Ft/Lbs. ESS has only this... Horsepower: 350 DIN (Stock 235) Torque: 420 NM (Stock 300). :confused: I would really appreciate the feedback. :drive:

· We want the Lion!
9,086 Posts
FN2DRIV said:
I would really appreciate the feedback. :drive:
Feedback?

Attend a reputable driving school before you consider a mod like this.

· In my own cars again
1,406 Posts
Scott ZHP said:
Feedback?

Ditto - you get a lot of driving schools for those kind of clams.

That said - once you've upgraded the driver and look at spendng that kind of money on power, buy the one that offers the best service and support in the event of a problem during or after the install. Adding any blower is going to add loads more power, give or take a few. But having someone to call if/when there is a problem is priceless.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott ZHP said:
Feedback?

Ok, Mr. Pop off at the mouth and knows nothing about me. I have been racing cars since I was 8 years old. Started off in the Go-Karts. I currently have an Altima that I rally and on top of this, I would hate to think how much track time I have... How about you save your comments. I was just asking for some feedback, but if you want to start talking some crap then when I get back from Germany we can meet up and see who has the track time... :asshole: :p

· Registered
176 Posts
between the two..

definitely Active Autowerkes.. there's just waaay too many problems i've seen with ESS.. i haven't seen a single car get the claimed numbers.. or anywhere near for that fact..

one of the local 330i bmws here had an ESS supercharger..and well.. it wasn't impressive.. he would still get his ass handed to him an e46 m3.. and would still lose to an e36 m3 with only software, intake, and exhaust....

but if you don't mind me confusing you more..

I would recommend the ASA/Technik kit... i've done plenty of research myself, and when I go F/I.. they will be my choice..

http://www.rennsport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=53 to see dynos

EDIT: oh yea. the massive power drop/dip you see on the pre 39.2 ZHP dyno will belike that on all of them.. my cars dyno shows the same massive drop.. it's the ms45 ecu.. supposedely the dis v40 solves/alleviates the issue.. there's a new thread on that dyno too..

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Iniquity said:
between the two..

definitely Active Autowerkes.. there's just waaay too many problems i've seen with ESS.. i haven't seen a single car get the claimed numbers.. or anywhere near for that fact..

one of the local 330i bmws here had an ESS supercharger..and well.. it wasn't impressive.. he would still get his ass handed to him an e46 m3.. and would still lose to an e36 m3 with only software, intake, and exhaust....

but if you don't mind me confusing you more..

I would recommend the ASA/Technik kit... i've done plenty of research myself, and when I go F/I.. they will be my choice..

http://www.rennsport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=53 to see dynos

EDIT: oh yea. the massive power drop/dip you see on the pre 39.2 ZHP dyno will belike that on all of them.. my cars dyno shows the same massive drop.. it's the ms45 ecu.. supposedely the dis v40 solves/alleviates the issue.. there's a new thread on that dyno too..
Dare I call you the Man. Thank you for the info. I checked out the E46 forum and ASA is mentioned all over it. It is good to see that you can get a honest answer out of someone these days. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.