BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a set of eibach pro sitting around, would you guys go with the koni or the bilstein shocks, am thinking of just using my sport suspension for now, but then again why do the job twice. the car is 8-9 yr old am thinking change the suspension now if am changing the springs or leave be.

if anyone know of a difference brand drop a name, as long as it can handle a drop suspension and a good price am good with that, if your selling thats good too..

thanks

edit
anyone rocking the Koni STR.T Street Strut, they're $122, am just reading up on they not sure if if they're rated for lowered ride..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Koni Strt and Vogtland Springs

Just put Koni Strt and Vogtland springs on my 02 325i last weekend. It looks good and the ride is a little more firm than oem. I think the Koni struts let the front drop a little more than what the Vogtland specs say. Supposed to be 1.4 in F&R. I got about 2 inches down in the front an just slightly over 1 inch down in the back. Have not had the alignment done yet, so I am not sure how that much drop in the front will affect that.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, i've been looking for shock/struts for some time now. i was mostly looking at the Koni Sport Strut and bilstein hd but those are priced at $200 each. if the Koni STR.T last just as long and have a good ride am happy to pay the lower price for them..

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,954 Posts
I hear the Eibachs are more aggressive than some others so a Bilstein shock might be really harsh. I really like my Tokcio blues and they sell for about $389 for all 4! Just as good as the Koni strt one's IMO.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I hear the Eibachs are more aggressive than some others so a Bilstein shock might be really harsh. I really like my Tokcio blues and they sell for about $389 for all 4! Just as good as the Koni strt one's IMO.
you told me about those but they were out of stock back then, i found the Koni STR.T for $375 shipped, at the end of the day the best price and warranty win for me. think i'll do another search for the tokcio again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts