BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am driving down the road and my clutch pedal is stuck to the ground!!! I cant shift nothin....i pull it up with the top of my shoe...and it returns back to normal...it seems as the clucth went down itself...any suggestions? Oh, it happened:dunno: twice today...

·
The Biggest P0st Whore!!
2,912 Posts
Clutch kit $217.74
Slave cyl $78.68

You will need to remove the exhaust, unbolt the driveshaft and at least partially remove the trans.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, before I freak out. I want to run something by you all. The brake reservoir is just at the minimum mark. The "problem" happened again today IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE ON MY WAY HOME FROM WORK THAT IT DID YESTERDAY. I mean EXACTLY the same spot. I take a sharp left onto a busy street and about 200 yards down...pedal gives out...pull it up with my foot....good as new... IS THE CLUTCH SYSTEM EXPERIENCING STARVATION? :confused:

·
Registered
131 Posts
check ur clutch fluid and lines seems like it's loosing pressure:)

·
Autobahn East
158 Posts
Clutch

Very low fluid in the brake reservoir will do it. The clutch uses the brake fluid resevoir for it's supply to the slave cylinder.

When you go around a sharp corner the low fluid will flow to one side of the reservoir exposing the fluid port, once this happens and you press in the clutch the port will pull in air.

Now you need to find out why it is low, low brake pads or fluid leak. When a hydraulic clutch (slave cyilinder) pulls in air it will stay on the ground.

Mark.
http://www.autobahneast.ca

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mark, you have confirmed my suspicions...I do need to change brake pads...and I agree...it must be getting starvation....i will throw some fluid in there.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You may have introduced air into the system when the resevoir was dry, effectively in a turn. Bleed the brakes and clutch slave cyl. if you notice ant softness in the brake pedal or the clutch starts acting up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice ross...and I like the comment you made to the guy who said "stupid Americans". I was going to say something...but you pretty much took care of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts