BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just another Gear Head!
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently when my 07 328xi coupe was suffering from chronic phantom tail light bulb warning issues the dealer replaced the foot well module. I personally have never heard of such a thing. Anybody know what it is and what it does? Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
they probably replaced the blubs that were giving false contact causing the issue, and they charged you for something else that is way more expensive... Foot well module LMAO!!

be-careful the armrest module is a high failure rate.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
they probably replaced the blubs that were giving false contact causing the issue, and they charged you for something else that is way more expensive... Foot well module LMAO!!

be-careful the armrest module is a high failure rate.
Yeah, look at how dumb they are:
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=WB33&mospid=49513&btnr=61_2094&hg=61&fg=25
E92 328i Control unit, footwell module, 61359133281

I'm not 100% but, I'm guessing this control unit runs the lighting and probably quite a few of the other non-engine related electrical loads. I had a similar problem to what you are describing with my E65 except on a parking light and after changing the bulbs and sockets several time I convinced the dealer to change the headlight assembly before this control module. That fixed my issues. I'm not sure what they've done previously to fix your issue but, I'd be more inclined to think that the increased resistance in the circuit is from a poor contact in the tail light housing than in a well protected interior mounted control unit. Either way I hope your issue is resolved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.