BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Official Wheelman
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having my windows tinted before our May 10th meet and want to get an idea of what type of tint people have. Pics are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Re:tint

I have 5% all sides....and 2 sheets 5% at rear window....some think its ghetto..... but i like privacy.....take a look at my last post from today"pix and question" i posted today....you'll see pix , and also see "my garage".....while i have ur attention can i get ur opinion on my front wheels ....does the space between the wheels and the top of fender seem to be a bit much, gsxryder thinks so....would like ur opinion....thx:)

·
Registered
161 Posts
The best is 30% all around,if you whant your car to look nice

5% all around if you like that racing filing or you like your car to get a little more police and ladies attention, if you know what i mean.

I have 30% and i like it, but i did however had 5% on my 330 and liked that too, got me out of speeding ticket ones.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
I had 15% darker than 20 lighter than 5%, Im still looking for a nice 10%:(

·
New BMW enthusiast
90 Posts
I have 20% all the way around. When cops are around or i get pulled over I just roll all the windows down or open the sunroof to let in more light.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
20% is not that dark unless you tint the windshield.:(

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hey Loveless, just search around for some pictures, some do 30 on the sides and 20 on the rear, but it really boils down to what you think is dark enough so you can see out as well, especially when driving at night......I didn't mean to say "search" it up. I would be more then willing to post some pics to give you an idea.

Umm, who tints there windshield? Big no no here in Cali.......

·
Registered
253 Posts
35% It's the maximum legal tint over here, I really like it. You will notice a significant improvement in the temperature of your car when parked in the sun as well!

(Euro clear headlights are on order :thumbup: )

·
2003 540i - M Sport
1,895 Posts
35% all around..using formula one ceramic tint....

in cali tinting the front windows is illegal...BUT with 35% most cops won't hassle you....and i could go darker in back but i don't like that uneven look....

besides i was going more for protection from the sun than looks...

with the rear sunshades up you can't see in during the day!

·
Registered
199 Posts
5% all around

Attachments

·
Don't worry, be happy
11,616 Posts
18% all the way around. Not too dark at all. In fact, not dark enough during the day, but plenty dark at night.

·
Registered
127 Posts
20% all round cept windshield

beige interior makes it lighter plus sunroof opened makes it easier to hide from the cops :p

·
Kwitcherbitchin!
154 Posts
I am having my windows tinted before our May 10th meet and want to get an idea of what type of tint people have. Pics are appreciated. Thanks.
No tint yet, but I`m considering on getting 5% on my rear windows, and 15% in the front (Totally ILLEGAL is CA, but summer is coming, and I hate getting beat down by the heat.)

mine is dark as hell..over 50
Say what? Correct me if I`m wrong, but the darkest tint you can get is 5%...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts