BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just recently bought a 2003 BMW 325i. I have already ordered the BMW rims that will be replacing the stock ones--which are sized as 18" x 8". THEREFORE, I need someone who knows ANYTHING about rims/tires to help me out on a question.

What size tire do I get? (exact measurements) I want something that is not too big/not too small--something in the middle obviously (and I am talking wheel gap here).

So if ANYONE has ANY idea about what SIZE tire (exact measurements would be greatly appreciated!!!), PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, help me out! I am completely lost here.

Thank you so much!

-Megan

BTW..I don't know if this helps clarify..but these are the rims I ordered-->

edit by KrisL- font size brought down to normal :)

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
Smaller font size please!!!!! No need to scream. For a stock size, a 225/40-18 would fit that 8" rim and the front of your car with no problems. This is the size tire that came on my 330Ci from the factory.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
BMWgrl03 said:
THANK YOU guys so so much! This has been a big help!
Also, just to clarify...
The 135M wheels (the ones you posted) are generally sold as 18x8 front, 18x8.5 rear.

If you are putting 18x8 on all 4 corners (which is just fine), then yes, 225/40/18 is correct all around. If you're putting 18x8.5 on the rears, then the correct REAR size is 255/35/18.

8.5" wheels with 255 on the rear look a little better, but your rear tires will end up costing you about $50(each) more than the fronts every time you need a replacement and will give you little to no performance benefit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dont know if u have been answered but here is another tip if it helps. There is a sticker on the Driver side B Pillar on the inside of the door with all the wheels and tire size recommended and allowed to use on the bmw's because a wheel size not recomended could affect your traction control system and other wheel sensors.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
moneymany said:
dont know if u have been answered but here is another tip if it helps. There is a sticker on the Driver side B Pillar on the inside of the door with all the wheels and tire size recommended and allowed to use on the bmw's because a wheel size not recomended could affect your traction control system and other wheel sensors.
As long as you have close to the same diameter tires on all 4 wheels, the only thing it will affect is your gearing (and therefore your odometer, tripometer, gas mileage, and speedometer accuracy).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I looked on the inside of my door, it doesnt give any measurement for an 18" rim (it only goes up to 17"). I hope that doesn't matter too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts