BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this is my first thread and sorry if this question was asked before.
I am planning to do ED in October for 330i but after i read all the rumors about model change to 328i/335i in September i am confused how can i negotiate the price now and order the car if the price is not released yet. Any suggestion what to do in this case?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
You can order the car now and deal based on ED INV. +$______
 

·
Powder Days
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
X550-ED said:
You can order the car now and deal based on ED INV. +$______
Ditto. Its just what I did for my 2005 X3 when the invoice was not published by BMW until two weeks before I left for Europe in Oct 2004.

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, another thing is i don't know what to order now. If i order 330i and the model will change then i have to redo with 328i. Dealer said there is no info at this point.
 

·
Powder Days
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Dunno

Shark68 said:
Thanks guys, another thing is i don't know what to order now. If i order 330i and the model will change then i have to redo with 328i. Dealer said there is no info at this point.
In my case, I had a complete list of models and options for the 2005 model and the 2004 model since it was around changeover when I would do the ED. The model and options lists came out ~ two months before pricing so there is a good chance you can nail down the model + Options and then have to wait for pricing. Turned out that in my case the price for 2004 and 2005 were identical.

This seems to be SOP driven by the negotiations between BMW and BMW NA on USA prices every year.

Don't know how it will work going from a 330 to a 328 but I doubt there will be much difference in the configurations except the engine. :dunno:

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to the dealership tonight and guy told me that they won't negotiate the price for 2007unless it's available officially.They promised to call BMW NA tomorrow and call me back with information. Another thing was mentioned is a smog check fee for about $150.Never heard of this before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Maybe you need to talk to another dealer... PM me your email addy and I'll send you some info
 

·
Powder Days
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
X550-ED said:
Maybe you need to talk to another dealer...
Agree with that!!!
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top