BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Search, Read, THEN Ask
3,211 Posts
I'd say: "Know your limits and own personal factors before embarking on any DIY repairs. Just about any DIY project can be attempted with enough research, confidence and the right resources. There are ever changing external factors that can make one DIY repair and subsequent repairs taken and evaluated differently each and every time. Time constraints are usually the overiding factor in most cases. Given enough time just about any DIY is possible either by yourself or with proper guidance and confidence."

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Here's another case today, where the tools are free...
> E39 (1997 - 2003) > Any good tow hook front license plate
Long story short I got a warning from a police officer that I need a front license plate. I recently got a 50$ rebate card so I was hoping I could buy one with around that much with tax and shipping included. Also does anyone know how much the dealer would charge to get one drilled into my bumper?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
you cant drill the holes yourself?
I dont have the frame or the tools to drill the license plate

I'm assuming you don't have a stock bumper. None the less dealer is going to charge you an hour of work $80. For that much money you can buy the tools and hardware.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Speaking of tools, I need a new floor Jack. Something low profile but can lift pretty high. Anyone fond of a particular one?

·
Matching beemer & bimmer
655 Posts
Speaking of tools, I need a new floor Jack. Something low profile but can lift pretty high. Anyone fond of a particular one?
Costco has a nice 3-ton aluminum floor jack.

I'd get the 6-ton jack stands from Harbor Freight because the 16-inch height is really nice when working under the vehicle.

·
Registered
129 Posts
..Plus, that therapeutic zen moment you have when youre all greased up, hands and back tired and you take it on that 'round the block' to find that its running magnificently.. the joy.. the satisfaction.. sometimes ill make love to my girl and go fix the car just to re-experience the mental and physical high

61 - 66 of 66 Posts