BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on where to put videos on the net?
A scaled down edited 44 seconds video is 24.4 MB.
Taz

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, that was a quick acquisition of a GoPro! I am so used to seeing those Russian dash cam video's that I was waiting to see a wreck in front of you or a good ole' fashioned traffic brawl. :thumbup:
Got VISA?:rofl::rofl:
I got the camera at Best Buy. Went in and they had one. I'm waiting for the good SD cards and other goodies to come in this week. That video was made on a SD card used for a regular cell phone. I was surprised it worked that well.

Doing a real test next weekend at Three Sisters.

Look out Taz has gone VIDEO!!!:bigpimp::thumbup::rofl::):p

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Look out Taz has gone VIDEO!!!:bigpimp::thumbup::rofl::):p
You are in the beginning stages, now you have opened a whole can of worms. Do you have a good video edit software yet? I like Sony Vegas but it looks like Sony Movie Studio is capable also, and a hell of a lot cheaper. I am sure Yorgi and others will have some good suggestions for software, video edit and creation has been going strong for a bunch of years now so there are lots of options.

Once you get hours and hours of raw footage you will want to edit it down, nothing is more mind-numbing for others to watch than 2 hours of cruising videos. Plus you can add transitions, captions, music, all fun stuff. There are a ton of tutorials on Youtube showing how to utilize all those features in the Sony line.

Then this leads you to possibly needing a better computer. If you already have a newer I7 (or any of the new Intel processors), Win7 64 bit, and a boatload of memory then you are set. It makes life much better when editing HD video, especially if it is 1080p. They become massive video files and once you have your final video created it takes some time to render.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are in the beginning stages, now you have opened a whole can of worms. Do you have a good video edit software yet? I like Sony Vegas but it looks like Sony Movie Studio is capable also, and a hell of a lot cheaper. I am sure Yorgi and others will have some good suggestions for software, video edit and creation has been going strong for a bunch of years now so there are lots of options.

Once you get hours and hours of raw footage you will want to edit it down, nothing is more mind-numbing for others to watch than 2 hours of cruising videos. Plus you can add transitions, captions, music, all fun stuff. There are a ton of tutorials on Youtube showing how to utilize all those features in the Sony line.

Then this leads you to possibly needing a better computer. If you already have a newer I7 (or any of the new Intel processors), Win7 64 bit, and a boatload of memory then you are set. It makes life much better when editing HD video, especially if it is 1080p. They become massive video files and once you have your final video created it takes some time to render.
I compile code so, i7 gen 2, 32GB and SSD drives. I never thought I would be waiting on a SATA 3 bus. Oh, and USB, Wireless N and Gigabit wired is slow these days. :D
Software, I will need to check out. The GoPro Suite was not bad, but I am a newbie here.
Taz

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I compile code so, i7 gen 2, 32GB and SSD drives. I never thought I would be waiting on a SATA 3 bus. Oh, and USB, Wireless N and Gigabit wired is slow these days. :D
Software, I will need to check out. The GoPro Suite was not bad, but I am a newbie here.
Taz
Now we are talking! That rig will rip through HD video's with no problem. I was amazed when I moved up to my I7 with ssd and 8gb how much faster the rendering of video's went, sounds like yours is even faster. The extra memory is always a help. I have never used the GoPro Suite so I can't compare to that one.

Have fun, recording the video is one thing, editing and getting them just right can be time consuming and somewhat addictive. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.