BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had new tires put on my bimmer and they relocated the weight to a new location. What cleaner or solution can I use to remove the old sticky pad leftover from where the old weight was? It seems to be on there pretty good. I was thinking alcohol, but i don't think it will be strong enough. Thanks

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
TP71 said:
I had new tires put on my bimmer and they relocated the weight to a new location. What cleaner or solution can I use to remove the old sticky pad leftover from where the old weight was? It seems to be on there pretty good. I was thinking alcohol, but i don't think it will be strong enough. Thanks
Rubbing alcohol works great if you soak the pad with it and let it sit, then use your finger nail to work at it. WD-40 also works.

·
Registered
416 Posts
TP71 said:
Goo gone or bug and tar remover

·
Registered
63 Posts
SuperGreg said:
Goo gone or bug and tar remover
Charcoal lighter fluid. Doesn't harm paint, not near as flammable as other good solvents, cheap and it works great. Also works great on removing road tar from paint and wheels. Use an old toothbrush on road tar, dip in fluid, apply to tar, let soak a few seconds and brush off. Rag soaked with a little fluid works good too. On the wheel weight tape residue, letting it soak a minute or two helps then use an old plastic ice scraper to knock it loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts