BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this would be my first time giving my car into a dealership for service so i am wondering do they know wut car you get by the type of car u give in??
i have a 2006 525i

·
Registered
862 Posts
Anything is possible - I've had 3er's, 5ers, X3s, and Pontiac (rentals) :yikes: . It just depends on what they have - get there early.

·
Registered
673 Posts
X3 and X5

Unfortunately, I've had the opportunity to drive an X3 and two X5 loaners - they still can't get the Sirius radio reception fixed yet. I'd love an M3 or M5 as a loaner or almost any car but NOT an SUV.:eek:

·
Registered
862 Posts
I had fun with the X3 I had a few weeks ago - beats walking or bumming a ride :thumbup: .

·
Registered
712 Posts
Stop hating on the SUV and then expecting the rest of us to understand why! Give us some reasons, so I can (metaphorically) beat you over the head with them...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also my dealer told me i could only get a loaner from the dealership i bought the car in is that true???

·
Registered
673 Posts
If I wanted an X3 or X5 I would have bought one!

:thumbdwn:
Jalli said:
Stop hating on the SUV and then expecting the rest of us to understand why! Give us some reasons, so I can (metaphorically) beat you over the head with them...
I like my 530xi (I don't LOVE it because it doesn't love me back!), I don't like driving ANY SUV! I was guaranteed a loaner every time I droped my car off for servicing - I'm complaining about not having my Sirius radio reception fixed after THREE service calls - the last one for TWO FULL DAYS!

I'm sure that there are plenty of drivers that drop off their X3 or X5 and get a 3 series or 5 series and don't like them. There was a post several weeks ago about a 7 series driver complaining about how BAD the new 5 series loaner was!

So, it is all relative. If my biggest problem is an X3 or X5 loaner - then I really have no reason to complain. But, we all love to complain.:angel:

·
Registered
862 Posts
vercetti0 said:
also my dealer told me i could only get a loaner from the dealership i bought the car in is that true???
I switched dealer service early this year - they loaned me a car - 1st time, I got the Pontiac - but the rental chic who delivered it was so hot, I'd have taken a Schwinn :p - it is all in the art of presentation, I guess :D.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in So Cal, and I NEVER get a BMW loaner, ever. I've had a 3 series, and now I have a 530i, and I get whatever Hertz rent a car gives me. I usually get something like a Camry, Solara, Highlander, etc. Even when I get my Porsche serviced, I never get anything close.

Any So Cal owners out there? Where do you guys go to get in-kind loaners?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
What dealer do you go to in SoCal???

-e60lover

·
Registered
18 Posts
I usually go to Irvine BMW, and they have Hertz rent a car attached. The porsche dealership in Newport Beach also gives me crap loaners as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts