BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a white camera and a silver celica that i would like to give it a full detail. i was wondering if what type of wax or sealants would work on these lite colored vehicles. both cars have black interiors so i will either use optimum or poorboys dressing. i already have a carwash for them too. i may have to get claybar for both vehicles and then want to wax or seal the paint.

what clay bar to get.

what wax or sealant for both cars.

i am getting an order ready to buy so what i get from here i will order it and have it ready for next week. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I love the Wolfgang Paint Sealant - easy to apply / buff off. Lasts a long time. Looks great on lighter colors (like my platinum bronze).

·
Another day in Paradise
714 Posts
Hi lonewolf...

I spent a few weeks off and on looking into the best way to prep and the products for a white or light colored car. Here were my final selections and I am happy with the results I got:

Clay bar: Meguiars kit from WalMart came with claybar and Ultimate Quick Detailer

Soap: Meguiars again, with Gold Class Car Wash

Polish: Pinnacle 360XMT polish

Paint sealant: Wolfgang Concours Deep Gloss 2.0 (two layers a day apart)

Wheels: Meguiars NXT 2.0 synthetic wax

Detail spray: FK1 Anti-static spray #425 Ultra Slick

If I had to do it over, I would buy the Wolfgang's kit for the savings, but happy with all these products.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hi lonewolf...

I spent a few weeks off and on looking into the best way to prep and the products for a white or light colored car. Here were my final selections and I am happy with the results I got:

Clay bar: Meguiars kit from WalMart came with claybar and Ultimate Quick Detailer

Soap: Meguiars again, with Gold Class Car Wash

Polish: Pinnacle 360XMT polish

Paint sealant: Wolfgang Concours Deep Gloss 2.0 (two layers a day apart)

Wheels: Meguiars NXT 2.0 synthetic wax

Detail spray: FK1 Anti-static spray #425 Ultra Slick

If I had to do it over, I would buy the Wolfgang's kit for the savings, but happy with all these products.
Those are all decent choices and both the Meguires and Mothers clay bar kits work fine. However, I would have to disagree with NXT for wheels. Wheels get the most abuse due to brake dust, mud puddles, etc so you need a strong sealant suh as Wolfgang sealant or Jetseal. I've used NXT and although it does give a good shine the durability is absolutely horrible, definately the worst product I've ever used and not worth the effort unless you actually enjoy deatinling every 3 days.

·
Another day in Paradise
714 Posts
Those are all decent choices and both the Meguires and Mothers clay bar kits work fine. However, I would have to disagree with NXT for wheels. Wheels get the most abuse due to brake dust, mud puddles, etc so you need a strong sealant suh as Wolfgang sealant or Jetseal. I've used NXT and although it does give a good shine the durability is absolutely horrible, definately the worst product I've ever used and not worth the effort unless you actually enjoy deatinling every 3 days.
Yeah, I have agree with you 101%, 335iDriver. NXT looks fine once on, but not durable. Ive just about used up my two bottles I got on clearance! :) Too much elbow grease for the shine.

As I said and I concur, the Wolfgang sealant on the wheels too would be a much better choice! Dont have any experience with Jetseal, but only heard great things aoout it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for advice. i did buy some poorboys products and i will try them out first. if i do not like the results then i will look at wolfgangs. thanks again.

·
Fountainhead
722 Posts
I've had good luck with Zaino on silver/grey cars. I use the Zaino process on my Space Grey 2 Series and prefer it to anything else on that color.
On white cars, I'm really liking Meguiar's ZXT Tech Wax 2.0. It makes the white look pretty darn deep.

I'm very intrigued by all the talk on here about Poorboy's. I think I'll have to place an order today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts