BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the movie (HBO). There are 3 beautiful black E39 shown in a highway chase. I'm wondering what version are they? 540i, M5, Sport package? :angel:

·
Registered
162 Posts
there all 528i's. If you notice when they crashed them, one of them flips on its side and the hood opens. You can see it's an Inline 6 model.

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
TimeOut said:
Just saw the movie (HBO). There are 3 beautiful black E39 shown in a highway chase. I'm wondering what version are they? 540i, M5, Sport package? :angel:
benn watching HBO huh? don't worry, it's on right now... and later.. and later and over and over again.

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
SKORPI0 said:

Screen cap of said car crash....
thank god it's only a 528/525... imagine the tragedy if it was a 540!!! :rofl:

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
The sound was an E36 M3 though i believe. It didn't sound like M52's at full song.

Ian, are you the same guy that almost bought my E34 525i a year ago??? The black one with 850i rims!

·
Jedi Master
853 Posts
BimmerGuyFL said:
there all 528i's. If you notice when they crashed them, one of them flips on its side and the hood opens. You can see it's an Inline 6 model.
No wonder it couldn't overtake a Caravan...:rofl:

·
Registered
689 Posts
so do i...that hurts to watch them being totaled...the funny thing about the scene in that movie if my memory serves me correct, was that i saw quad exhausts on the rear of them..i'm guessing they were trying to make them look like m5's the the untrained eye.. or maybe i was just imagining it...

·
Hawks RULE!
1,166 Posts
Bren517 said:
so do i...that hurts to watch them being totaled...the funny thing about the scene in that movie if my memory serves me correct, was that i saw quad exhausts on the rear of them..i'm guessing they were trying to make them look like m5's the the untrained eye.. or maybe i was just imagining it...
SKORPIO- Time for another screen cap! Quad or no?

-Cago

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Bren517 said:
yeah... they tried to pull it off as if they were M5's.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, I saw the quad exhausts too. That's why I was wondering what version could these E39 be. I think now that they were a Hollywood version.

·
Jedi Master
853 Posts
mimic said:
I own a 528...
I was kidding obviously :) .... only in Hollywood where an obviously faster car cannot overtake a slower one for the sake of car chases.

·
L C B
1,283 Posts
I think it was ketchup who posted this pic way back. I love my 528i sport, it's not the fastest from a stand still but on the highway it's more than adequate for my needs. I didn't buy into these cars thinking they are fast and furious :rofl:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.