BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious about what other people had when they first picked up their cars?
when i picked it up, it had 9 miles on it. i ordered my car and then was waiting at the dealer... but i am wondering why it should have 9 miles? is this normal?

·
Registered
2021 X3 xDrive 30i
79 Posts
Mine had 5 miles on it. I had also ordered my car. I guess the mileage at delivery will depend upon the amount of test drives and quality checks that are done after leaving the factory, at VPC and at the dealer for pre-delivery checks, offsite detailing etc.. . 9 miles is well within normal range for delivery.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Mine had 3 miles on it - the trip to the Clear Bra guys and back. Of course, it had no time sitting on the lot - it came in, went to get the bra, then came back and I picked it up the next day.

9 miles seems odd, but if all is working and looking pristine - no matter - you are 9 miles closer to breaking it in and having fun.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Hmmm I had 22 miles on mine when I picked up my car at Nalleys, I wonder where my car traveled all that time when it should of been in the sold parking area.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies.
i agree that 9 miles should be within normal range.. BUT i think still too much.
but if someone orders, doesnt it should be around less than 3 miles??? the car should be carried by a truck and delivered to the dealer and should be parked. the 3 miles should include all the driving around to move from the ship and to the VPC and etc......

i should of asked why it was 9 miles when i picked it up. but i was tooooooo excited to check all that...:mad: next time i should~~~ even though i ask the dealer, they will come up with a BS answer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 2007 550 had 3 miles on it

·
Registered
319 Posts
:angel: :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
1 better

1 better

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
i got owned

:(

...:bareass:

·
Registered
5 Posts
mine had 4 miles. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
My 545i had 5 miles on it (picked it up in Munich). I would be concerned with low beginning miles that the car hadn't been driven and checked thoroughly.

These cars get moved around a lot so some of the mileage isn't at all that surprising....

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Yep

revlis240 said:
i got owned

:(

...:bareass:
I told them to push it the last 0.1 miles :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
1.8 miles on my 2007 550 (picked up in Munich). I wouldn't be overly concerned with 9. Double digits, I would start getting suspicious.:confused:

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,776 Posts
Mine had 3 miles when I picked it up in the delivery bay at the Performance Center. Not too bad for having it checked at the factory and then put into the small bay for delivery. I imagine it had to get off the boat with only 1 mile on the odometer!

·
Rocket Scientist
1,455 Posts
545i had 8 miles, 530xiT had 12. Previously our 330Ci had 12, my M Coupe had 21, and my M Roadster something less than that. It varies and it may depend somewhat on which VPC processes the car (disctance from the RoRo to the lot, etc.). Cars from Spartanburg to the West Coast seem the have more miles but that's hardly based on a statistically meaningful sample.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
3 Miles.

-e60lover :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Our 550i had 0.2 miles when it was delivered at Motorwerks of Barrington, IL. It was a little wierd to see that on a US delivered car.

·
Rocket Scientist
1,455 Posts
joseyu said:
Our 550i had 0.2 miles when it was delivered at Motorwerks of Barrington, IL. It was a little wierd to see that on a US delivered car.

That's very odd. In fact I have difficulty believing it's real. I'm not saying it isn't, just that it's extraordinary when you consider the car needs to be driven in storage areas at the plant, the port, the port on this side of the pond, the VPC, on the transporter, off of it, at the dealer, etc. It should have gotten more than that just from a PDI drive but I suppose they don't always test drive the cars anymore. Very odd.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have reason to believe that our 550i was rush through the assembly line and then to the shipping dock. The reason why I say that is because the car was assembled 1 week ahead of its scheduled production date and then it got loaded on to a ship the day after it left Dingolfing. I was unable to track the car from the shipper's website via my VIN number even though it was headed for the east coast, but my salesperson told me that it was loaded onto a ship soon after it left the factory and arrived at the dock. I think this means that my car was one of the last ones to be loaded on to a ship (Don Carlos) that was leaving soon, even though it was not supposed to leave for a few days, but they rushed it on there due to availability.

FYI, most cars from BMW begin with -2 or -3 miles on the odometer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts