Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new here, and I love the place already

I have a 1999 323i, black, with wheels. That is the extent of the aftermarket parts on the exterior. I saw a similar car today, and the lights, at least the front marker lights looked white. What is this, where do you get them, and what all lighting components do people put these lights on i.e. headlamps, rears, sides? I guess Im definetely not hip on lighting

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
hey KrisL....is that 383 dollars for the parking, tails, and sidemarkers? thats kind of a lot don't you think? i got mine for a little under 300 from bavarian autosport. they price matched everything with circle bmw. at circle they're something like 212 for the tails and 85 or so for the parking and sidemarkers.

boxerlover79...i guess ur from atlanta so you could order from circle bmw or i would highly recommend bavarian autosport, i've had good experiences with them and they will match the prices of any dealer who sells those lights because they will have the same part numbers no matter where they're from. oh and heres some pics of my 323i, i recently had the same lights installed.

Attachments

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
bitmouse said:
Man, that was a nice looking car, and the area is beautiful.
:)
Thanks! That road is a good solid 5 miles away from where I live. That's what I love best about the Bay Area - I live in a city of a million people, yet escapes like that are so close.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wagon Man said:
Tail = $206 @ KOPerformance....:rofl:

Oh Yeah???
Tails = $201.71 from Pacific BMW in California!!! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thans guys!!! How hard are they to install? If they care cheao to have done, i may go that route. i woudl hate to have them get that nasty moisture laden look.. Do most of you keep the same bulbs?

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
boxerlover79 said:
Thans guys!!! How hard are they to install? If they care cheao to have done, i may go that route. i woudl hate to have them get that nasty moisture laden look.. Do most of you keep the same bulbs?

Most kits will come with new amber bulbs. The fronts require only a butter knife on the pre-facelift cars to press a little tab down and pull the lights out. The sides require a credit card to slide behind the lights to push a little clip in. Fronts + sides can be done in ~10 minutes.

The rears require an 8mm socket with extension, and may take you 30 mins.

·
Registered
112 Posts
what he said! fronts are easy. the rears take a little longer and you have to clip a small part with wire cutters off the back of the new tail lenses for them to snap into place. just look at your stock tail light when you take it out and you will know what i'm talking about.

·
In vino veritas
3,374 Posts
boxerlover79 said:
Anybody have any pics of a 3 series witht he complete kit? thanks
See my signature for a black 323i sedan with the clear/white Euro lenses.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts