BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8,070 Posts
Go with what you like. I think 35 is legal pretty much everywhere for the front. You could go darker for back windows. Every installer I've gone to has been aware of what's legal and has made recommendations based on that.

· Registered
8,070 Posts
dark dark windows on a BMW looks GHETTO. Go for it...waste your money ...AND look stupid at the same time.
Hey Beeemerdude, some people live in places where the sun comes out once in a while so the tint cuts down on the heat and UV damage. As to the ghetto look, to each his own. I have tint on some cars and not on others, but I would not qualify the tint as ghetto.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in a fairly small town, Pittsfield Massachusetts.... and there are a good amount of ghetto areas as well as wealthy so it wouldn't be too unusual to see a ghetto car but would 35% come up darker on the window tint scanner?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App

· Registered
61 Posts
dark dark windows on a BMW looks GHETTO. Go for it...waste your money ...AND look stupid at the same time.
False, my bimmer is white and the tint I have looks awesome. (IMO) And like someone already said to each his own. And independent of what others think it's never a waste of money if the OWNER of the car is happy with the end result and it certainly doesn't make them stupid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.