BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Someone parked behind me. I couldn't get it out cleanly and the paint got scraped against the other car. There were black marks on the door that came off easily with rubbing compound but the black marks on the wheel well trip still remain. as far as I can tell there's no structural damage to the area (dents, etc) any idea what this would cost to fix?

http://imgur.com/a/h4To5

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
If that's the "arch" thing around the wheel.. may be able to just (DIY) replace it if you're handy.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Someone parked behind me. I couldn't get it out cleanly and the paint got scraped against the other car. There were black marks on the door that came off easily with rubbing compound but the black marks on the wheel well trip still remain. as far as I can tell there's no structural damage to the area (dents, etc) any idea what this would cost to fix?

http://imgur.com/a/h4To5
Not sure, but from that picture it looks like that is down through the paint. Touchup paint wont fill the scratches...

My guess is that would be a couple hundred?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Probably no more than $150-$200. You can have a mobile guy come out and do it, or take it to a body shop and have it done professionally. You might even be able to call a junkyard to see if they have it there and it will cost you under a $100 I'd imagine.

·
Sergei G.
16 Posts
A good body man won't look at it for less than $750.
That is complete bull. There is nothing here to charge that much for. All he needs is to remove the part, sand down any deep marks, prime and paint. Or are you suggesting blending half of the paint on the car with it?

TO OP, which wheel and what color is it, metallic or not? If Mineral white, I may have this part coming off soon my vehicle and could sell to you. I am going up to 20" wheels and extended flares.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still haven't had a chance to take it to a body shop and get an estimate yet.

Our car is mineral white. I don't know what type of rims it has but it's this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Sergei G.
16 Posts
I still haven't had a chance to take it to a body shop and get an estimate yet.

Our car is mineral white. I don't know what type of rims it has but it's this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK, I meant the wheels in terms of which of the four corners it's at. Looks like rear left. Too bad my mineral white color won't match.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I HAVE read that mineral white is one of the more difficult colors to match / blend, due to the different qualities in it. Let us know how it goes and what they want to charge you for it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts