Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to upgrade from my 2013 F30 to a used X5 due to now having 2 kids and the F30 is just too small.
I’ve figured out I want the active driving package so I get all the safety features but I would also like active lane keeping as I think that would be great on long drives.
Does anyone know what year BMW added that to the X5?

TIA

·
Registered
751 Posts
Lane departure warning was offered on the e70 in 12 or 13 iirc. The f15 has it bundled in active drivers assistant in the DA+ package 2014-2017. 2018 the option package makeup changed around.

None of these models have "active" lane assist, only lane departure warning.

·
Glfbggy
575 Posts
Lane departure warning was offered on the e70 in 12 or 13 iirc. The f15 has it bundled in active drivers assistant in the DA+ package 2014-2017. 2018 the option package makeup changed around.

None of these models have "active" lane assist, only lane departure warning.
Frankly, our f15 has the lane departure warning and I dislike it for normal driving. So far most of our driving has been 2 lane state highways so not really relevant. I will activate it for our trip to the coast (`500 mile one way) next month, but I am not sure we're taking the f15. We are likely taking the f10 as it gets better fuel mileage and we do not need the extra height.

·
Happily Driving
6,993 Posts
I'm pretty sure you're looking at a G05 for lane keeping.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, for "active" stuff, you need to look at the G05. F15 just vibrates the steering wheel only, no brake corrections or self steering. For non-US ones, you may get traffic jam assist which auto-steers and brake at low speed only, no highway speed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the replies.
Since my budget doesn't allow for a G05 i'll just have to forgo that piece of tech.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts