BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maintenance costs? Something to look for from the beginning? Anything else? Thank you.

I'll be getting a 2016-2017 model.

·
Registered
790 Posts
First I would look for the extended warranty program the maintenance is not a deal breaker.

·
Ziggy.
424 Posts
Spark plugs every 3rd oil change, naturally they go through tires rather quick and the wheels are staggered. only things i can really think of

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
You don't have a spare tire. You don't have run-flats, either. My solution was to get a wheel/tire the same size as the front as a spare, a spacer, and some longer lug bolts for mounting it on the rear(where most flat tires happen). Tire rack has a cheap rim, tire, spacer, and lug bolts. Your trunk becomes the spare tire and jack storage compartment, and the back seat becomes you duffle bag storage area.

·
Registered
16 Posts
First I would look for the extended warranty program the maintenance is not a deal breaker.
Hello, kinda in a same boat here; tho ill be picking up an 2015 m3 DCT with 47k miles in 2 weeks. I will be the 2nd owner and records show no accidents/recalls or other issues that should be flagged.
It also comes with service records with average 6mo. Intervals each. The longest interval was 8mo. But this was at the 1st one since its purchase date.

The service records contained these services performed;
Lube, oil and/or filter changed
Drive line serviced
Starting or charging system serviced
Alternator serviced
Transmission serviced
Multipoint inspection
Air filter changed
Tire and wheel serviced
Vehicle detailed
Brakes serviced

The latest service report was on dec. 2018 containing these services and reported at 43,225 miles.
Lube, oil and/or filter changed
Mulitiple point vehicle inspection
Vehicle detailed
Transmission serviced
Tires or wheels service performed

Then the next service maintenance is at 60k which I saw in the photo of the interior of the vehicle in its cluster gauge from the dealership.

And yes the dealership is offering a 120k extended warranty that covers:
Engine, transmission, drivetrain, electronics systems, steering, suspension, cooling system, climate control.
Which IMO is a must for me since this will be my 1st M series bmw and my 2nd bmw(I have an e39 530).

This m3 will NOT be my daily and probably gonna driven 2x a week.

So bottom line, how much service and maintenance cost should I expect? Would you recommend bmw dealership for that or go to my Indy shop that I trust? How is the reliability so far with yours? How often do you service your m3/m4? What issues have you folks encounter that be easily fixed?
I am very excited as this car had been my goal of owning since a friend showed me his m4 3yrs ago and I fell in love with it. This is a dream come true..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Spark plugs every 3rd oil change, naturally they go through tires rather quick and the wheels are staggered. only things i can really think of
+1 to spark plugs every 3rd oil change. Who would've known that? BS

·
Jayhawk Fan
1,834 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts