Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
CarSwami
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having no luck getting a hotel in either Central Vienna or Salzburg through Priceline during the week of the 7th of May, 2007. Is there some major festival going on in Austria during this time? I've gone as high as my budget will allow, but have had no luck in either city. Bimmerfesters seem to have gotten into the Renaissance hotel in Salzburg for around $65 a night, but I'm striking out even at $100. I welcome any suggestions that I can get. Thanks.

CarSwami

ED 4th May 2007: 335i, Montego Blue

·
Registered
443 Posts
Man, that's not good, because I'll be in Vienna at the end of May. I figure it's because the weather will be getting better then and in turn, more tourism? Let us know what happens.

·
Bayerische Motoren Werke
1,002 Posts
Not Austria but very close to Salzburg is BERCHTESGADEN in Germany. That's were planning on spending a few days in May before we venture off to Switzerland. Close enough to use as a home base and get to Salzburg but probably too far for Vienna. Just an idea.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Did Jspira passed away? Almost 3-hours and no response to a thread with "Austria" in the subject...

·
CarSwami
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I may have to settle for a hotel that is not in Central Vienna. I've heard that public transportation there is pretty good, so maybe it will work out. Wish me luck. I'll let you know what happens.

CarSwami

·
Freude am Fahren
19,685 Posts
Did Jspira passed away? Almost 3-hours and no response to a thread with "Austria" in the subject...
I'm enjoying a quiet night at the Waldorf in NY. Business related I can assure you.

But danke for noticing I was away. :angel:

I don't know what is going on then either but I might be going in May as well for a few days (running out of Austrian supplies here in NY).

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm enjoying a quiet night at the Waldorf in NY. Business related I can assure you.

But danke for noticing I was away. :angel:

I don't know what is going on then either but I might be going in May as well for a few days (running out of Austrian supplies here in NY).
Waldorf....nice :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Take a detour to the Interalpen-hotel Tyrol just outside of Innsbruck. They cater to the ski crowd so should have vacancies in May. It is a hotel you will never forget with a view to kill for. Huge indoor connected to outdoor swimming pool, great spa facilities, horseback riding if you want, and excellent cuisine. Stay at least two nights if you can and you can do a day trip into Innsbruck while there.

·
CarSwami
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Northcar. I will check out the hotel in Interlaken that you have recommended. I'm up to $100 a night and still not able to get a hotel in Salzburg for the night of Friday, 11 May 2007.

CarSwami

·
Registered
72 Posts
When I stayed in Vienna -- sans auto -- I stayed out near the Schoenbrunn Palace that has easy underground subway transport to the center of the city.

I stayed at the Renaissance property near Scheonbrunn, as there are two (2) such hotels with the Renaissance monkier, it was not the one known as the Renaissance Penta which was a former riding academy building for the Austo-Hungarian/Hapsburg empire.

Renaissance was a typical business class hotel in a fairly residential neighborhood.

·
Registered
753 Posts
We are staying at Gasthof Maria Gern at Berchtesgaden April 3-6. 34 Euro per person per night w/breakfast. Haven't stayed there but was highly recommended. Only 20 miles or so to Salzberg. http://mariagern.de/ They speak English web site is in German though.

·
CarSwami
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Valueman and Bikie

Thanks for the tips. I will check out the information that you have given me and see if I can finally get a hotel in Salzburg (or somewhere nearby) for the night of Friday, 11 May. Something must be going on in Salzburg that day because although I was successful in getting a room at the Renaissance Hotel for the previous night for $65, my Priceline bids are being rejected for Friday night even when I went as high at $105. It may be time to start looking elsewhere.

Incidentally, I finally got a bid accepted for the Renaissance Penta hotel in Vienna for . I was originally looking for a place in the center of town, but had to expand my search to the surrounding areas before I got a hotel. Because Salzburg only has one zone, I'm not able to use the same approach to get a room there.

CarSwami

·
Registered
753 Posts
Actually I got my dates wrong. It should have read MAY 3-6. Duooh!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts