BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm relatively new, since Dec 2011, so I'm still learning about BMW in general and my 650 vert in particular. I see references to E numbers and F numbers so I'm wondering what number am I? ('08 650i Convertible) Also, does the "other" cupholder behind the console seem non-functional to anyone or am I missing something here too? It opens the wrong way for use by back seaters and is too far back from the from to be used by the driver or front rider.

· Michael
2,577 Posts
I'm relatively new, since Dec 2011, so I'm still learning about BMW in general and my 650 vert in particular. I see references to E numbers and F numbers so I'm wondering what number am I? ('08 650i Convertible) Also, does the "other" cupholder behind the console seem non-functional to anyone or am I missing something here too? It opens the wrong way for use by back seaters and is too far back from the from to be used by the driver or front rider.
Yours is an E64!!

· Registered
1,290 Posts
It seems that the engineering intent behind the rear "cup holder" is that it is more of a storage spot to stow the front cup holder when not in use rather than an actual functional cup holder (you know how those BMW engineers/designers seem to hate making functional cupholders ...). It is hard but possible to reach it from the front if you reach across your body with your arm from the far side.
Somebody on this forum called the rear area a "cup holder holder". :)

· Cruising 280 Top Down
6,494 Posts

· Registered
1,290 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.