BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is probally more of an opinion question but im just curious what every one thinks is the best kind of car detergent and wax? (i just want my car to shine)

·
Registered
252 Posts
lol i use dish soap called JOY OXYPOWER to wash it and that stuff works sooo good and my wax is MAGUIERS IMPORT WAX

·
Registered
397 Posts
^ Having heard the same thing I recently purchased my first bottle of Zymol. I hope to use it this weekend if the temperature permits. I shall give a report if you are interested.

·
Registered
676 Posts
well here in the south carolina has been rain for a few days but good luck for the good weather !!!!! keep us posted , i use mothers and mgwiyers but im curious .

·
Rather Large Member
4,553 Posts
Zymol is da best wax there is. As far as detergent, diluted "purple dragon" for the car and undiluted for the rims.

·
lurking
18,069 Posts
i've been using mother's and meguiar's products and pretty satisfied w/ the results. and not expensive.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cosumer reports tested 20 of the top brands and rated black magic the best. Maguiars was near the top but also most expensive. I used black magic on mine it worked great.

·
Registered
302 Posts
smokinponys said:
Cosumer reports tested 20 of the top brands and rated black magic the best. Maguiars was near the top but also most expensive. I used black magic on mine it worked great.
I've been using the Black Magic stuff too and like it. I accidently got some of the tire shine product on the black trim pieces and it turns out to be a really good use for detailing those too.

·
Registered
397 Posts
^ I see yours is a 325, but it's identical in appearance to my 91 318is. How do you keep the mirrors and red trim looking red instead of rose-colored. Mine suck up Back to Black like sand does water.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the good comments, im going to try all the different types to try and see which gets the best shine

·
Registered
E92 07 328xi, 04 F350 6.0, 92 Jetta Carat
2,507 Posts
the other day i had the chance to see zymol in action from the paint cleaner to the wax and i must say it does a good job, I will be switching to that soon. Tried it on a black e30 with paint that was pretty daul and it shinned it up pretty good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
zymol

I just used Zymol on my white 325ic. It looks awesome. I would not use anything else.. Easy on, easy off, awesome shine. Not too sure of the life - 1 wax 2x/year anyways...

·
Registered
302 Posts
NC318 said:
^ I see yours is a 325, but it's identical in appearance to my 91 318is. How do you keep the mirrors and red trim looking red instead of rose-colored. Mine suck up Back to Black like sand does water.
who, me? So far I haven't done anything outside of washing and drying. My 325 has a respray - a pretty decent one too - so maybe that is helping it.

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
who, me? So far I haven't done anything outside of washing and drying. My 325 has a respray - a pretty decent one too - so maybe that is helping it.
That makes sense. I was able to bring the paint back just fine, as well as the black trim. The red trim is another matter. It will look fine for a week or so after being doused in Meguiar's, but then the rose faded color returns.

·
Rather Large Member
4,553 Posts
NC318 said:
The red trim is another matter. It will look fine for a week or so after being doused in Meguiar's, but then the rose faded color returns.
I suppose I cheated, I used that colour match type of wax, with dye in the mix on anything that had faded. It worked really well on my severely faded mirrors, they look like new, without a trace of white.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts