BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
CCs328Ci said:
This car has SP wheels, but not SP seats???? So I guess it does not have SP, its a wanna be :) why does it say 193HP for a 2000 328Ci???????????????
LOOOK:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1848363968
Worse. He actually invested in the M3 steering wheel. Since it's a 2000, that means he had to buy the airbag too. We're looking at ~$1K for all of that.

Damn! And the 1999-2000 sport wheel is actually very attractive.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
CCs328Ci said:
This car has SP wheels, but not SP seats???? So I guess it does not have SP, its a wanna be :) why does it say 193HP for a 2000 328Ci???????????????
LOOOK:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1848363968
There's a lot of useless hype in that ad (monitors itself on engine startup?), but few outright distortions as far as I can tell. The wheels are 328Ci SP wheels, not M3 wheels, but the ad doesn't claim that the car has the SP. And I thought 193 hp was the rated output for '00 328s; am I wrong?

Edit: I didn't see anything about tire monitors, but I don't think PDC was an option on 2000s, and that car doesn't have the sensors in the rear bumper even if it were.

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Does anybody know if Ti Ag has white shock towers..? Looks like the car could have been repainted judging by that engine pic. Odd combo of extras to put with a non SP. Of couse anybody but us would probably jump at this... :angel:

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Chris330ci said:
Does anybody know if Ti Ag has white shock towers..? Looks like the car could have been repainted judging by that engine pic. Odd combo of extras to put with a non SP. Of couse anybody but us would probably jump at this... :angel:
Yeah thats the bad part, so what can anybody do. I think that it is probably mostly an accurate portrayal. I think anyone who would put that steering wheel in would probably be able to add the other stuff. I would imagine he change rims. .shrug, I wouldnt buy it, enough flags there for me to walk away, but nothing I could point and say hey look hes lying.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Chris330ci said:
Could just be light playing tricks, BMW only clearcoats and POLISHES the outside facing paint. The paint on the shock towers are single coat, dull finishes. I doubt someone would go through THAT trouble to repaint his car from white to silver.

What area code is 954? Is that Canadien? I know Canuck models has different sports packages, but I don't recall there being a Canuck sports package that doesn't come with the sports seats.

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
The HACK said:

Could just be light playing tricks, BMW only clearcoats and POLISHES the outside facing paint. The paint on the shock towers are single coat, dull finishes.
Indeed... I remember noticing over there at Chez HACK how scottN2retro's TiAg M Roadster's shock towers looked white, even in person.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
The HACK said:

Could just be light playing tricks, BMW only clearcoats and POLISHES the outside facing paint. The paint on the shock towers are single coat, dull finishes. I doubt someone would go through THAT trouble to repaint his car from white to silver.
Might be the light but it sure looks white to me too.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
It claims to have Xenon lights, but the pictures show that it does not.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
in_d_haus said:

Might be the light but it sure looks white to me too.
Mine kind of looks like that too, I think it is normal for the lighting. Keep in mind the shock towers do not have the same finish as the outside of the car, they are more dull.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
CD-55 said:
It claims to have Xenon lights, but the pictures show that it does not.
Maybe it's Jimmy's Xenon.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: what's the deal with this

TD said:

Worse. He actually invested in the M3 steering wheel. Since it's a 2000, that means he had to buy the airbag too. We're looking at ~$1K for all of that.

Damn! And the 1999-2000 sport wheel is actually very attractive.
yea, I seem to like my SP wheel better than the 01 wheel...IMO...I like my wheel :thumbup:

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
The HACK said:

What area code is 954? Is that Canadien? I know Canuck models has different sports packages, but I don't recall there being a Canuck sports package that doesn't come with the sports seats.
954 is FL, most likely Fort Lauderdale as it says in the ad.

this appears to be some private dealer or curbsider..you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Chris330ci said:
Does anybody know if Ti Ag has white shock towers..?
They are a dull white. Definitely not TiAg.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts