BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I was interested in getting a 3.0si roadster. Can anyone help me? What's the difference between one with the Sport Package and one without... is it just the sport button? I mean other than the suspension and the wheels (which i may change anyway). So without the sport button is it in sport mode all the time? or just "regular" driving mode? Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
My understanding is that when you press the sport button, the throttle input to the engine is faster for a given amount of gas pedal travel.(Increased gain)
But that the actual maximum opening is the same.(Upper limit)

I figure I can get the same affect by pressing on the gas pedal faster/and farther as I need to...

I manage to get the DSC/DTC lights flashing at me regularly during spirited driving, so figure my high speed lead foot is more than compensating for lack of a sport button!

If you have an automatic, it supposedly changes the shift program(to faster response).

Almost forgot, it supposedly changes the electric steering to faster response(increased gain)

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
sport - yes!

I really enjoy driving with the sport button pressed. It is just is a lot tighter and the throttle is definitely more responsive. It doesn't add too much to the overall cost. I do like the wheels a lot better too.

I would recommend getting it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts