BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are standing in front of the vehicle.. facing the car looking into the engine bay.. the upper left corner has an empty space that has mounting brackets but nothing there. It looks like it's a space where they could put a battery.. Any ideas? Is my car missing something?

·
Mostly Reading
148 Posts
I think the DSC unit used to be there on sedans / coupes and does the wagon have the battery there?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
foozed said:
If you are standing in front of the vehicle.. facing the car looking into the engine bay.. the upper left corner has an empty space that has mounting brackets but nothing there. It looks like it's a space where they could put a battery.. Any ideas? Is my car missing something?
Do a search in the archives both here and over at bimmer.org and you'll find a thousand posts covering the same topic.

Basically, it's there because BMWs are mass produced. That used to be the battery compartment for European 4 cylinder models, and used to house the DSC electronics on 6 cylinder models.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
dduk said:
does the wagon have the battery there?
Nope in the back on the right side:)

·
Mostly Reading
148 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Nope in the back on the right side:)
Sorry, my bad! Still getting over the wagon envy!:thumbup:

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
According to my salesman...

...in Europe they run their emergency vehicles with two batteries and the second one goes there.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
dduk said:

Sorry, my bad! Still getting over the wagon envy!:thumbup:
I have a new friend:) Take that Mike325xi "aka" Mr. anti-Wagon:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts