BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard they get noisey quickly. Is that true?

I'm considering them because I'm looking for a tough track/street tire with stiff sidwalls and no squirm or noise. I can handle a tough ride but not a noisey, droning tire.

What do you guys have to say about the MX? Tell me straight, I can take it.

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jon said:
So far so good. Very satisfied.
Have you worn out a set yet? Pls comment on noise. Thxs.

·
Registered
720 Posts
They're great tires (I had them) but like I said in the other thread... General Exclaim UHP is cheaper and higher rated in every category.

JL

·
Registered
979 Posts
Consider BFGoodrich gForce Sport. Their price is very cheap and they have been quiet all their life with excellent dry grip. Wet grip is good.

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Goodrich and the General are not Extreme rated tires. They aren't even Max rated. They are UHP rated.

Thanks for the comments and input. My question though is about the MXer, not anything else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The MX is not a quiet riding tire, even compared to most other Extreme or Max performance tires. However, as far as dry grip for the price they are very hard to beat.

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The MX is not a quiet riding tire, even compared to most other Extreme or Max performance tires. However, as far as dry grip for the price they are very hard to beat.
Thanks Gary. I've heard that they were noisey. For a track tire that's OK but not a street tire. At least not for me. I do not want to hear them rumbling or droning.

Thanks everyone. That brings a close to this post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts