BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the weirdest automotive-related thing you've done at the advice or behest of something you read on the Internet?

This question came to me this evening as I found myself rubbing peanut oil from my kitchen into the trim of my fancy German sports car.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
JST said:
What's the weirdest automotive-related thing you've done at the advice or behest of something you read on the Internet?

This question came to me this evening as I found myself rubbing peanut oil from my kitchen into the trim of my fancy German sports car.
Yep, definitely peanut butter on the black exterior trim.

I hadn't though about peanut oil. That would seem less weird though.:confused:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
DrBimmer said:

Haven't tried it myself, but it supposedly removes any white wax residue from the black mouldings on the side of the sedans and wagons.
It works like a charm:thumb: I prefer to use Jif:D

That is probably the weirdest thing I've done:tsk: The neighbors like when I use the cotton swabs to clean out the lug holes and in the little crevices around the car:eeps:

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Probably when I drove 134 MPH on the autobahn during my ED experience last May. In reverse.

:D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chipster said:
One time at band camp.......
Don't mock the band camp, or she'll go medieval on you...

On the peanut oil trick, I took a look at the result this morning and am very pleased. The trim is still a little greasy from the oil, but the color is very black and very, very shiny. All of the white residue from the wax and the random household cleaner is gone. Looks better than new.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Wash and wax my car in the nude. Seriously.

Of course this was inside a closed garage you pervs.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
JST said:
Polyester strands, belt buckles, zippers...etc may all cause microscopic scratches when you rub against your car as you wax. Read this on Griot's Garage's website and they suggest, to avoid scratching up your car, to wash and wax in the NUDE.

Tried it once. Was a little too "uncomfortable" for me and the end result was marginal at best.

I also wash my car at night now with the flood lights turned on. Get really strange stares from my neighbors.

·
Not topless in NE
1,031 Posts
The HACK said:

Polyester strands, belt buckles, zippers...etc may all cause microscopic scratches when you rub against your car as you wax. Read this on Griot's Garage's website and they suggest, to avoid scratching up your car, to wash and wax in the NUDE.

Tried it once. Was a little too "uncomfortable" for me and the end result was marginal at best.

I also wash my car at night now with the flood lights turned on. Get really strange stares from my neighbors.
The strange thing is that I actually read this somewhere. I don't know if it was Griots or not. It didn't say nude but it mentioned about jeans and polyester.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
The HACK said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I wouldn't want to get wax in some "sensitive" areas :eek: Do they also suggest to shave your whole body as to not scratch the car with hairs?

Why can't you just not rub up against your car. :dunno:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
nate328Ci said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I wouldn't want to get wax in some "sensitive" areas :eek: Do they also suggest to shave your whole body as to not scratch the car with hairs?

Why can't you just not rub up against your car. :dunno:
Look man, I only tried it once. The original thread was the weirdest thing I've done, and that was IT! :tsk:

Now I wrap myself in 100% cotten terry when I wax. :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.