BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently the BMWUSA website updated to the 2015 X1 which went into production on 3/1. There were some minor interior changes as well as exterior ones. One change that I noticed is the addition of a silver trim piece on the front air dam. This affects the Base & X-Line models. I think it's unnecessary and detracts from the front end appearance. Glad that ours is MY2014. Here's the strange thing....on My BMW, where they have a photo of your car (not referring to the configurator, but your vehicle profile), it's the MY2015 version not the MY2014 one and it shows the silver trim piece. They didn't do this for the E92 or E90 photos when there were updates in subsequent years.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I'm sure its just a website thing. Probably on March 1st, they just upgraded the base X1 image on the site since most orders for 2014's will have been completed and delivered.
Except of course for those few that had production in late January or February.

·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure its just a website thing. Probably on March 1st, they just upgraded the base X1 image on the site since most orders for 2014's will have been completed and delivered.
Except of course for those few that had production in late January or February.
Maybe, but that doesn't explain why the images for my 2007 E92, which underwent facelifts in subsequent years, appears as it it did for MY2007.....

My point is, the My BMW webpage is representing itself to be what MY BMW is, not the most current version that changes from year to year. Not a big deal but I'm a big fan of consistency.

·
Steve In Texas
156 Posts
So, you're talking about the Vehicle Profile in the "My BMW" section, as opposed to the new car configurator, right? I think that may be the source of stonex1's confusion.

Attachments

·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, you're talking about the Vehicle Profile in the "My BMW" section, as opposed to the new car configurator, right? I think that may be the source of stonex1's confusion.
Exactly, thanks Moe!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Recently the BMWUSA website updated to the 2015 X1 which went into production on 3/1. There were some minor interior changes as well as exterior ones. One change that I noticed is the addition of a silver trim piece on the front air dam. This affects the Base & X-Line models. I think it's unnecessary and detracts from the front end appearance. Glad that ours is MY2014. Here's the strange thing....on My BMW, where they have a photo of your car, it's the MY2015 version not the MY2014 one and it shows the silver trim piece. They didn't do this for the E92 or E90 photos when there were updates in subsequent years.
I am not sure what you are talking about. It doesn't look like anything on the front has changed from last year when looking at the build your own. Base line has silver plastic at the bottom, in sport line it is black, in m line it is color of car.

The sport & x line have three pieces of plastic in the middle. On the xline that is silver on the sport line it is black. Same as 2014.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I was referring to your MYBMW login to show your car and its details.
I'm just saying if I were the website admin, I might have a generic image of the X1 and it might be used for all logins to the site.
I'm just speculating.

·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's the differences in the front air dam trim from 2014 to 2015 that I'm demonstrating:

2014 X1 Base Line

2015 X1 Base Line

·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm just saying if I were the website admin, I might have a generic image of the X1 and it might be used for all logins to the site.
I'm just speculating.
Was never like that. If it was, there wouldn't be an issue. I'm a very detail oriented person and that's a good thing in my professional life but sometimes it's a hindrance in my personal one. Probably 95% of the X1 buyers wouldn't even notice the change.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
When did your car go into production? or when did you get access to the site?
So your car on the site never looked like the 2014 one, it always looked like the 2015 one?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I too am glad I got the 2014...for 2 reasons. I don't like the new extended silver front end trim piece and also they got rid of the exterior color I absolutely LOVE on this car. Sparkling Bronze Metallic! They replaced it with Sparkling Brown Metallic which I have seen on a couple BMWs at the dealer and it was not my taste at all. Quite bad actually IMHO.

·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
When did your car go into production? or when did you get access to the site?
So your car on the site never looked like the 2014 one, it always looked like the 2015 one?
Ordered the car end of December. Got the production number a few days later and completed the vehicle profile on the My BMW website and the photo was exactly how a 2014 should look, and it also looks that way on the spec sheet that I printed from BMW archives when I obtained the VIN as it entered production. Production was completed beginning of February and I'm awaiting a call from my CA asking to schedule delivery. The photo in My BMW just changed from the MY2014 X1 when BMW updated the website to feature the MY2015 X1. As I said before, the photos never changed on our previous cars so it's strange that it changed now.

·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I too am glad I got the 2014. I don't like the new extended silver front end trim piece
Thanks Scott! Nice to know I'm not alone...:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
As I said before, the photos never changed on our previous cars so it's strange that it changed now.
Yeah, that is strange. It must be some kind of website glitch.
What about your wheels, or headlights? Did they stay the same or was the only piece
that changed was the front trim part?

·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, that is strange. It must be some kind of website glitch.
What about your wheels, or headlights? Did they stay the same or was the only piece
that changed was the front trim part?
Good questions and I just checked. The wheels are the same but the headlights now show just halogens, not the Xenons that were there before. Don't know what, if any answer I'll get from BMW but maybe I'll email them from the website and ask them "what's up?".

·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like the new version better but it doesn't seem very noticeable.
There's a good chance that if I waited for the MY2015 X1, I might have considered another color where the silver trim compliments the front end or the Sport Line where there is no silver trim.

Glad you like yours, everyone should be happy with their choice. :thumbup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
There's a good chance that if I waited for the MY2015 X1, I might have considered another color where the silver trim compliments the front end or the Sport Line where there is no silver trim.

Glad you like yours, everyone should be happy with their choice. :thumbup:
I have the 2014. I think the 2015 looks better. It isn't a choice. I guess the silver looks better with darker colors.

·
Steve In Texas
156 Posts
My rendering on My BMW has changed as well. Though I just took delivery of a 2014 xLine, my rendering looks like a 2015 base line. In addition to the aformentioned front air dam trim being different, the wheels are different, and the satin chrome trim on the rails and lower sides are now black. I don't really care, but strange that they changed it.

·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My rendering on My BMW has changed as well. Though I just took delivery of a 2014 xLine, my rendering looks like a 2015 base line. In addition to the aformentioned front air dam trim being different, the wheels are different, and the satin chrome trim on the rails and lower sides are now black. I don't really care, but strange that they changed it.
They can't pull the wool over our eyes, can they Moe? :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.