BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to pick up an 01 325 this week. Pulling motor and trans for a transplant into a 99 323. Plan to scrap the rest of the car. The 01 was in a front end collision. So my question is, what is worth removing and selling prior to scraping? I don't see any value in having to store large items like body panels/glass.

·
Registered
879 Posts
When I'm parting a car I advertise parts on the local Craig's List. Put all of the parts, including the big, heavy stuff. Give yourself a set amount of time and when that time has passed, scrap it. I've got the room to store stuff, but that's not always a good thing (ever try to sell a single Chrysler Sebring door or deck lid?). What body is the 325?

·
Function over fashion
887 Posts
HVAC control unit! Small and expensive. Otherwise, good advice from MoparJim above - set a time limit for just scrapping it all, advertise that on CL if you're willing to deal with random CL requests.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a set time for the big heavy stuff. About 20 minutes after I have what I want off the car. Excluding the 325i(4door btw) I own 9 autos with another on the way. I just don't have the room to store another.
Now, I already plan to strip the entire interior (aside from the dash), motor, transmission and wheels. I am considering taking the rear diff as well. Our 323i was not cared for.
I don't know if lights(headlights, hood and fenders are trash), emblems, electonics buried under the dash, steering wheel and the such are worth taking out. I'll grab the HVAC controls and since I will already be there the stereo too. Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts