BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

Not sure how to describe the issue. Sometimes when turning, the car will not feel as gripped to the surface. At slow speeds it can feel hard to turn the steering wheel at times. At faster speeds it feels loose. If I turn quickly, it feels as if the front wheels are gliding a little bit. Sometimes if i put the foot down the traction light appears quickly then disappears. Suspension seems a bit low on the car too. Going over humps makes a slight noise.

I currently have an e93 335i.. What could be wrong?

·
Registered
82 Posts
How many miles does your car have on it? Have you done a visual inspection of the shocks to check for leaks or worn or loose mounts? When the car is level and you push down on the fender or rear quarter panel, does it bounce a few times? Maybe you should have the car looked at by a trusted shop to determine what's wrong. Shocks do wear out and can cause some of the symptoms you've described. Broken springs can cause strange things as well. Get it up on a lift and check the undercarriage very carefully. Safety first!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Easiest place to start is tires and alignment. Are the tires worn? Is the alignment in spec?

If the tires and alignment are fine, then it could be a number of things that are causing loose handling feel just like Izzydizzy mentioned.

I also have to mention that E93's do look a bit lower at the rear (probably due to hardtop weight).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How many miles does your car have on it? Have you done a visual inspection of the shocks to check for leaks or worn or loose mounts? When the car is level and you push down on the fender or rear quarter panel, does it bounce a few times? Maybe you should have the car looked at by a trusted shop to determine what's wrong. Shocks do wear out and can cause some of the symptoms you've described. Broken springs can cause strange things as well. Get it up on a lift and check the undercarriage very carefully. Safety first!
I'd say its got about 36000 miles. I haven't had a visual inspection of the shocks.

I can see the springs from the front though i havent checked for oil leaks.

However, I can't see the springs on the rear wheels. The top of the wheel is rather close to the body shell.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Easiest place to start is tires and alignment. Are the tires worn? Is the alignment in spec?

If the tires and alignment are fine, then it could be a number of things that are causing loose handling feel just like Izzydizzy mentioned.

I also have to mention that E93's do look a bit lower at the rear (probably due to hardtop weight).
Tbf I had tracking and alignment done last year. There looks to be at least 4mm in tread left on the rears. 2mm at the least on the front. If it helps, the front right looks a little more worn on the outside than the other tyres

1 - 5 of 5 Posts