BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car (07 Z4M) has been acting really weak lately. Its relativly new (12k miles) so i have no idea what could be wrong. The throttle response is weak as hell. And when i go off in first and get on the gas quickly the cars lags a little then goes off. There is a lot of mid range power loss. I was on the highway today and tried to get it passed 100 and the car was struggling. Theres a weird noise from the engine at WOT. I was thinking the spark plugs or something up with the ECU. Im going to be taking it to the dealer next week. Hope they dont blame it on my mods

·
Banned
5,871 Posts
So my car (07 Z4M) has been acting really weak lately. Its relativly new (12k miles) so i have no idea what could be wrong. The throttle response is weak as hell. And when i go off in first and get on the gas quickly the cars lags a little then goes off. There is a lot of mid range power loss. I was on the highway today and tried to get it passed 100 and the car was struggling. Theres a weird noise from the engine at WOT. I was thinking the spark plugs or something up with the ECU. Im going to be taking it to the dealer next week. Hope they dont blame it on my mods
Did you put an intake in it? If so, it might be the mass air flow sensor. if that's the case, put the intake back to stock before you take the car in.

Where do you live in MD? I can stop by and check it out with you if you want. Give me a ring: George 240-997-8537. I'm working in Gaithersburg right now but I live in Frederick. If you're anywhere in the area we can work out a time and day and I can take a look.

FYI: I have a '98 M roady. It'd be nice to compare the two cars.

·
Alpine White Collector
145 Posts
You aren't getting any trouble codes? ie: check engine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts