BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So I've been annoyed by the sound that's computer from the hood when I turn. I haven't been able to isolate the sound still. It sounds like it might be a wheel bearing issue or steering pump. I've recorded a audio clip if someone familar with this could help me find out what it is. Thanks.

It is especially loud from the outside, I have people staring at me sometimes when they here the wierd noise.

LINK

As I turn, you can hear the sound get louder. I can find a better way to describe this sound, but it sounds like my juice machine and the sound i hear from the X5 is like me sticking a carrot into the machine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I didn't get to check the pully since it was dark. But it looked like the Power Steering fluid is quite low, and the hoses (in/out) are wet. I just got my coolant expansion tank replaced under warranty, i wonder why they didn't see the leak from the PS fluid! How much oil do i put in the reservoir for the PS Fluid?

It seems that the fluid might be overflowing from the expansion tank, the little floater marker inside, is it suppose to extend all the way up? I thought it had to be within the beads on the top?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
tom, take it back to the dealer and they should check it out and top it off for you with no charge. Who knows, they could have jarred something loose when changing the expansion tank.:dunno:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts