BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Wheel Bearings

1226 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  rtgirard
Ahs anyone had to change the front wheel bearings? I'm not certain of the niose and the sensation, but I'm concerned.

Surely they are sealed bearings so a repack is not going to do the trick. Are they typically covered under the extended warranty or is this something I should tackle myself if a change is warranted.

What's the definitive way to know they need to be replaced?:eeps:
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
I can tell you that over the last 12 months we have seen a large increase in the sales of the front bearings so its very likely that is your issue, You are correct that they are sealed units,See image here
http://www.oembimmerparts.com/catalog/item/7080457/8367784.htm

Sorry I am not help on warranty question but I would sure think they would be covered.
Max
Ahs anyone had to change the front wheel bearings? I'm not certain of the niose and the sensation, but I'm concerned.

Surely they are sealed bearings so a repack is not going to do the trick. Are they typically covered under the extended warranty or is this something I should tackle myself if a change is warranted.

What's the definitive way to know they need to be replaced?:eeps:
I had my front right bearing replaced at 14k. I initially thought it was tire noise, but eventually it became a major resonance throughout the front end and absolutely howled at 40MPH. Here's my post about it: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6310054&highlight=#post6310054
Isn't that an all wheel drive (x drive) bearing in your picture?
I can tell you that over the last 12 months we have seen a large increase in the sales of the front bearings so its very likely that is your issue, You are correct that they are sealed units,See image here
http://www.oembimmerparts.com/catalog/item/7080457/8367784.htm

Sorry I am not help on warranty question but I would sure think they would be covered.
Max
arent this suposed to trow a code?
Please tell me your BMW was a gift.
oh boy, someone forgot to take the estrogen pills today.

Forgedabaudid!
Please tell me your BMW was a gift.
:rofl::thumbup:

Cranford, NJ? Gateway to Rahway State Prison and the Bayway Refinery? Cranford Town Motto; At least we're not Bayonne.
Oh God, im so embarrased. Ill promise to move out of here soon.

Please aprove of me and dont under estimate me. I always wanted to leave by you. is so cool. guys there are so cool. specially when driving moms BMW.

can you introduce me to some girls? im sure you know plenty. I havent got laid in years btw.

and to be honest. i dont drive a BMW. im just pretending. please dont hate me, please. :cry:
:rofl::thumbup:

Cranford, NJ? Gateway to Rahway State Prison and the Bayway Refinery? Cranford Town Motto; At least we're not Bayonne.
Yes you do. You drive a 328, so I understand your denial.;)
Oh God, im so embarrased. Ill promise to move out of here soon.

Please aprove of me and dont under estimate me. I always wanted to leave by you. is so cool. guys there are so cool. specially when driving moms BMW.

can you introduce me to some girls? im sure you know plenty. I havent got laid in years btw.

and to be honest. i dont drive a BMW. im just pretending. please dont hate me, please. :cry:
Ooooookkkaaaaaaayyyyyy...

This thread got exciting! :yikes:

No, it won't. The telltale sign is noise/vibration from the wheel. I can attest that a complete layman like myself might not be able to discern which wheel is making the noise. In my case, the entire front end sounded ludicrously loud at 40mph, even though it was only the front-right with the problem. I actually thought it was tire noise at first and had to take back all the terrible things I said about the Conti RFTs. :tsk:
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.