BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Can anyone tell me if style 44's will fit my car? It's a 1998 BMW M3 sedan. The specs are 225/45/17 offset 47. Thank you.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,207 Posts
They will work just fine....

·
Keeping it surreal
43,207 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll be closer to the fenders though.
No, you got it backwards....a LOWER offset number means the wheels will stick out farther into the wheel wells, not the other way around....

·
<-NIKi
1,875 Posts
The offset is higher though, M3 wheels offset is 40mm I believe. They'll still fit. Just not be the same distance from the fenders.

·
<-NIKi
1,875 Posts
No, you got it backwards....a LOWER offset number means the wheels will stick out farther into the wheel wells, not the other way around....
Ok thanks, I couldn't remember what way it was.

In that case you're going to probably want wheel spacers. It'll look kind of off. All e36's could use spacers anyways. You'll love the stance if you get them.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,207 Posts
Ok thanks, I couldn't remember what way it was.

In that case you're going to probably want wheel spacers. It'll look kind of off. All e36's could use spacers anyways. You'll love the stance if you get them.
No, wheels are designed with a certain offset *for a reason*....it`s obvious that you don`t have any idea how the car is gonna look with those wheels mounted on it....I would suggest learning more about the subject at hand before spouting off misinformation....spacers are a poor choice from a structural & engineering standpoint (and yes, I`m aware that there are several different quality levels of spacers available out there)....

·
<-NIKi
1,875 Posts
No, wheels are designed with a certain offset *for a reason*....it`s obvious that you don`t have any idea how the car is gonna look with those wheels mounted on it....I would suggest learning more about the subject at hand before spouting off misinformation....spacers are a poor choice from a structural & engineering standpoint (and yes, I`m aware that there are several different quality levels of spacers available out there)....
I'm running 20mm hubcentric spacers up front on DS1's. With how much camber I'm running on coilovers the stock rims won't even fit with out rubbing on the spring. They look better and bring the wheel flush with the fender. It looks terrible when you throw rims on a car that stick into the wheel wells, you'd be better off leaving it how it is.

Spacers are only bad when you buy cheap poorly designed ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts