Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I am sure I am not the first to post something like this (and I am sure I won't be the last either), but I need some help with buying some new wheels. I have narrowed it down to three wheels. If this were a perfect world I would probably just buy some BBS wheels and be done with it. However, I am on a budget and therefore I cannot afford to give away my first born child for something to roll around on. Here are the choices:

ASA AR1
Replica Msport
Beyern Mesh

Whatever I purchase they will be 18". Staggered if I go for the Msport wheels. :thumbup:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,138 Posts
xxxPh4r40Hxxx said:
All,

I am sure I am not the first to post something like this (and I am sure I won't be the last either), but I need some help with buying some new wheels. I have narrowed it down to three wheels. If this were a perfect world I would probably just buy some BBS wheels and be done with it. However, I am on a budget and therefore I cannot afford to give away my first born child for something to roll around on. Here are the choices:

ASA AR1
Replica Msport
Beyern Mesh

Whatever I purchase they will be 18". Staggered if I go for the Msport wheels. :thumbup:
I personally would go with the Beyern Meshs, I think they're beautiful rims.......and I haven't seen too many E39s or BMWs for that matter with them.....plus they'll look great on your E39!! :thumbup:
 

·
an audience of One
Joined
·
7,860 Posts
I looked at the Beyern mesh as well, they seem to be nice rims. Of the choices presented, I would go with the M Pars :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,138 Posts
markseven said:
I looked at the Beyern mesh as well, they seem to be nice rims. Of the choices presented, I would go with the M Pars :thumbup:
I like the M Pars too......they're definitely my second choice.....because it seems to me like everyone is putting them on their E39s these days...:dunno: .......I guess that I just like to be different and have what not a lot of people have. :D
 

·
an audience of One
Joined
·
7,860 Posts
wwb4 said:
I like the M Pars too......they're definitely my second choice.....because it seems to me like everyone is putting them on their E39s these days...:dunno: .......I guess that I just like to be different and have what not a lot of people have. :D
Not trying to be argumentative here, but the mesh pattern that Beyern uses is everywhere - I've prolly seen 50 models of that design. Compared with the mesh design, the M pars are prolly more exclusive :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,138 Posts
markseven said:
Not trying to be argumentative here, but the mesh pattern that Beyern uses is everywhere - I've prolly seen 50 models of that design. Compared with the mesh design, the M pars are prolly more exclusive :)
You are right.....the mesh pattern is a common one......however I "haven't" seen a lot of them on E39s......however I have seen a considerable amount of M pars on E39s, it seems like it's what everyone whom owns a E39 is looking to replace their wheels/rims with. :dunno: Just look at all of the "threads" in this forum "specifically" talking about "their" M-Pars or replacing their current stock rims with M-Pars. I just like to be a little unique and diverse. Don't get me wrong the M-Pars are great rims.

P.S.-You're not being argumentative.......we're all friends here. :grouphug:
 

·
in HIS hands :)
Joined
·
1,730 Posts
1st place: beyern mesh-love the mesh, actually. cleaning is a different story. the lip shld be awesome, and it will look bigger than the m-pars because of the rim design.

2nd place, very close 2nd, are the m-pars. everyone may have them, but...haveing seen thme on my dad's 740il, with lower profile tires on the e39 it is beautiful, not to mention easy to keep clean. very elegant & sporty at the same time.

the asa just doesn't have the "class" for lack of a better word to grace your e39.

in the end, i wouldn't necessarily let what everyone else has influence me too much, but let what u want to see everyday help u make that choice. (the tihng about everyone having the similar thing - i believe 30,000 e39 sedans were sold yearly!)


:) so xxxPh4r40Hxxx, pick what u'd be happy to see everyday for the next few yrs, and happy that u paid good money for it!

jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
I am a huge fan of the M-pars and intend to get them for my e39 soon. You do see more and more of them around, but I really agree that they have a great balance of class and sport.
aw/ir02smg has it right though - it's your money. What would make you smile the biggest everytime you looked at your wheels? That's it the one to pick. You will get a ton of different opinions when you ask a huge group. That's what makes mods fun - make it yours !!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,309 Posts
I think everybody that has replied here is right, I love the lip and look of choice # 3. I think they look sporty aggressive and will you a smile :D
I think the M pars are a VERY popular rim and why not, they ROCK! I wish at this time I could but them but not the case. I think this is the best choice... Think of the cleaning, with the soft brake pads emitting so much dust the mesh will need cleaning almost every other day and you will be going :mad:
I don't think you could go wrong with the three you picked but you asked for opinions and these are my $.03!
Keep us updated and good luck!


Oh, welcome to the forum too! :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,138 Posts
aw/ir02smg said:
..........pick what u'd be happy to see everyday for the next few yrs, and happy that u paid good money for it!
That's what it ultimately all comes down to you.
 

·
yee!
Joined
·
670 Posts
I like the ASA's...planning to get some next month in 20 inch staggered (the rears have a nice size lip on it and its fairly inexpensive too). Unless I win the lotto or go ahead with my bank robbing plan, I'll get the BBS's LM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
I justgot Axis Penta's. If you like mesh these wheels are awesome. The finish is beautiful on them and the rear lip is huge.. I am 100% happy with my purchase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,309 Posts
gminervini said:
I justgot Axis Penta's. If you like mesh these wheels are awesome. The finish is beautiful on them and the rear lip is huge.. I am 100% happy with my purchase.
Any pictures of these on your car? I would like to see what these look like.
Where is Rochelle park?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Here's what I'll be getting as soon as I sell my beater...

TSW Nogaros.. staggered, 18x8, 18x9.. can be found online for $200/ea.


They can also be had in 19x8 and 19x9.5 in correct offsets/bolt patterns for the E39.. I'd love to have 19's, but I drive it daily and Chicago roads kinda suck. Plus tires are $50 more/ea. :(

Go here for size/width vs. measured lip depth: http://www.tsw.com/productline_all.php#Nogaro

I wish more wheel manufacturers would provide this kind of info. Too bad it doesn't list weight...

Here's a good place with package prices: http://wheelstudio.com/catalog/prod...re=2289&tr1=275-35r18&tr2=&tr3=&staggered=yes

My previous choice was to go with some Lakeshore 18" M-Parallel replicas for about the same price, but like others have stated above, they're just too common. I work at a BMW dealership and it seems like every E39 that gets serviced here has them.

I like how the Nogaro's have a somewhat thinner spoke, with no raised lips at the edge. The thinner single spoke looks longer than a parallel spoke, making the wheel itself look larger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
Rochelle Park, NJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
Here you go to very bad pictures 19x8.5 front 19x9.5 rear..



 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top