BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Wheel Spacers?

2292 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  rsandez
So ive been debating on wether or not i should install some wheel spacer on my 08 coupe? Im thinking 18mm rear and 15 front. Does anyone have them?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
You want to do it for looks/stance, performance/handling, fitment of wheels/tires, all those reasons or other reasons?

The short answer is "Yes."
So ive been debating on wether or not i should install some wheel spacer on my 08 coupe? Im thinking 18mm rear and 15 front. Does anyone have them?
You'll want hub centric spacers as well as extended lugs, your stock ones aren't going to work with spacers. HERE is a link to my 15mm and 17.5mm spacers with the proper extended bolts for the E9X.

Also I'd suggest taking some measurements as shown in the diagram below to insure you will not run into clearance issues on your car.

I'm more towards the look side of it.
You want to do it for looks/stance, performance/handling, fitment of wheels/tires, all those reasons or other reasons?

The short answer is "Yes."
You're probably going to have issues with 15mm front, depending on which wheels and suspension package you have. 18mm rear is pushing it but you might be OK. For reference, I ran 12mm front and had scrubbing issues in my '07 coupe with sport susp.
Good question I don't even know what type of suspension I'm running on o_O what did you have on the back?
You're probably going to have issues with 15mm front, depending on which wheels and suspension package you have. 18mm rear is pushing it but you might be OK. For reference, I ran 12mm front and had scrubbing issues in my '07 coupe with sport susp.
I had the wheel shop put spacers on the car when I replaced the stock wheels. Car looks much better.
I ran 15mm in the rear with no issues except over extremely large bumps. Chances are good that, if you have the seats with lower and side bolsters, you have the sport suspension. If your seats are almost entirely flat across the bottom, then you've got the non-sport. Sport Suspension also usually comes with 18" five-spoke semi-concave wheels, but those can be easily optioned on so it's not a guaranteed indicator.
Good question I don't even know what type of suspension I'm running on o_O what did you have on the back?
I just learned something new! My rear seats are not flat at all and are lower with bolsters kind of like a bucket seat and yes i got it with the 18's
I ran 15mm in the rear with no issues except over extremely large bumps. Chances are good that, if you have the seats with lower and side bolsters, you have the sport suspension. If your seats are almost entirely flat across the bottom, then you've got the non-sport. Sport Suspension also usually comes with 18" five-spoke semi-concave wheels, but those can be easily optioned on so it's not a guaranteed indicator.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.