BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, supposing I get the ZPP HP performance package with the 18" wheels included. I don't like their styling, weight, and replacement tire costs. I want to swap them with 17" wheels of some variety. After actually swapping wheels, is there anything else required regarding reprogramming any of the on-board computer gizmos?

Will ABS, DSC and all the other goodies work properly without any recalibration?

This is purely a hypothetical question as I am preparing to order a 330i and am facing the "$3900" question.

·
10,856 Posts
No problem.

Just make sure the overall diameter is approximately the same. (And this only affects the odometer. Nothing else is affected.) Just make sure the diameters of your tires are the same as the diameters of the other tires on the car.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Note to self: engage brain before posting.

OK, this makes sense.

Related question - are the 17" normal sport package wheels and tires the same circumference as the 18" wheels and tires in the new HP package?

Thanks,

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
SteveM said:

Related question - are the 17" normal sport package wheels and tires the same circumference as the 18" wheels and tires in the new HP package?

Thanks,
The 17" fronts, yes. The stock 17" SP rears have always been the wrong size (too small) but BMW insists on continuing to use it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts