BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought wheel & tire insurance for my car 3yrs. @ $900 & Passkey protection 5yrs. @ $299. Are these good prices ?

·
Registered
201 Posts
900 is not bad. a tad bit high. the tire insurance prices have been going up... like everything else of course.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
900 is not bad. a tad bit high. the tire insurance prices have been going up... like everything else of course.
I negotiated from $1099 to $900 for the insurance. I figured if I had to replace one wheel & tire once then I broke even.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I can't remember what I paid ($300?) and I hit a nasty pothole that dented one of the fronts. So, it was out of true but the tire didn't lose its bead and didn't go flat (run-flat). The insurance rep fought, and I mean she was nasty, not to pay for a new rim as the tire still held the bead. Of course, my rims are chrome, so on top of the BMW wheel cost you have the triple plated chrome cost. Anyway, under threat of lawsuit she caved but it took three months (I have winter tires/rims and had to run them). The $300 (plus legal fees) was definitely worth the cost. So, yes, if you dent one rim, it's worth the cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts