BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of 128's from wheels and Caps and was wondering if anyone knows what the offset is on them. I viewed a post that stated that the OEMs come in two different offsets and am curious as to which offset wheels and caps is selling.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
FWIW i have these same wheels, 21 inch, and my wheels are about a half inch to an inch in from the edge of the fender line. looks good to me personally. love the wheels. only problem is they're so damn deep you really have to clean the insides of the wheels as well as the outside.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
i think i have those pics posted on my profile. will try to change sig soon. keep forgetting.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response

:thumbup:I think that those are the 22 or 23 offsets. You don"t have spacers in do you? If not, that is the look that I am going for. You and I have similar taste, as I am installing the same trunklid spoiler( not too in your face) because of the size, and am waiting for my roof spoiler now. Your ride looks good. Oh, did you lower your at all?
i think i have those pics posted on my profile. will try to change sig soon. keep forgetting.

·
Registered
353 Posts
bro, look at there website, it says it right on it. Or an ebay ad for them says it on there too!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe that you may think that I am concerned with whether or not they will fit, that's not my question. I was asking about the offset, not the bolt pattern and amount of lugs. I have never seen Wheels and Caps or their EBay page mention the amount of offset. I was just trying to figure out if I was going to need spacers because I really didn't want to have to run them. Appearance wise, I like the way DJ750's sits, and considering that I am getting the same tires, I will be content with that setup. Thanks for the response though.
bro, look at there website, it says it right on it. Or an ebay ad for them says it on there too!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. Mine is not lowered, i have the sports package so it sits lower than standard i believe. I do not have spacers. I didn't think my car needed them. I have been told by others that I should get some spacers but it just isn't that important to me. I bought the cheap ass roof spoiler off ebay for $50 or so and had my guy paint it for free. Looks great to me. I did use the ACS sticker (i know, i know, poseur) since there's an indent on the spoiler and wanted to fill it in. I also debadged the rear for the clean look. Not sure i would have debadged if I didn't have sport package but since there's no chrome on the car except for grill and door handles, i think it looks cleaner. So far the wheels have been holding up even after potholes.

ADVICE: i would probably not get Hankooks again. They look great, very low profile obviously, but they absolutely SUCK in the rain or even on wet pavement (asphalt mainly). I'd spend the $$$ and get Michelins again. I have to say i hated my Pirellis on my Audi, they started cupping very quickly after I put them on. Made discount tire take them back and bought the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S for my last Audi. Just my $.02

·
President
8,099 Posts
DLF750,

u need spacers, FOR SURE!

check your sig pic andu can see the wheel well hags waaaaaaay over the wheel

but u know what!

i never put spacers on my 128s

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I looked at the site and it shows the 9 inch front rim with an offset of 22 and it shows two different offsets for the rears which are 25 and 32. Which still doesn't answer the question. Which was" does anyone know what the offset is on the Wheels and Caps Replicas."
here is the answer to your question. the replicas from wheels and caps are 22mm front/ 25mm rear. they also sell their wheels on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/21-W...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. Mine is not lowered, i have the sports package so it sits lower than standard i believe. I do not have spacers. I didn't think my car needed them. I have been told by others that I should get some spacers but it just isn't that important to me. I bought the cheap ass roof spoiler off ebay for $50 or so and had my guy paint it for free. Looks great to me. I did use the ACS sticker (i know, i know, poseur) since there's an indent on the spoiler and wanted to fill it in. I also debadged the rear for the clean look. Not sure i would have debadged if I didn't have sport package but since there's no chrome on the car except for grill and door handles, i think it looks cleaner. So far the wheels have been holding up even after potholes.

ADVICE: i would probably not get Hankooks again. They look great, very low profile obviously, but they absolutely SUCK in the rain or even on wet pavement (asphalt mainly). I'd spend the $$$ and get Michelins again. I have to say i hated my Pirellis on my Audi, they started cupping very quickly after I put them on. Made discount tire take them back and bought the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S for my last Audi. Just my $.02
i would recommend FALKEN tyres if you can get them in the states ? got one on the rear of mine and i must say its an excellent tyre ! grip and ride comfort are top notch ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Tried to get Falkens, they didn't make the size I needed or they weren't in stock anywhere. I could get fronts but not rears at the time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What Size are you running?

I have found the tires at VulcanTire, but am curious as to the size that you have and whether or not you are dealing with potholes where you live.
i would recommend FALKEN tyres if you can get them in the states ? got one on the rear of mine and i must say its an excellent tyre ! grip and ride comfort are top notch ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I tried that website and the Falkens weren't available in my size.

·
Registered
52 Posts
All this talk about offsets but no mention about quality. For those that purchased these sets from Wheels and Caps, were you satisfied with quality? BTW, I saw the eBay listing mentioned that "These wheels are aftermarket wheels made to factory specifications. All of our wheels meet DOT, TUV, JWL, & VIA standards." Just want hear from those that actually made the purchase. Thx

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I have made the purchase and taken on some rather large potholes with no complaints. They hold up so much better than the OEM's which I have a complete set with about 11 cracks in all, most welded except one in each (I finally gave up on them one at a time). I will sell the whole OEM set with cracks, rash, and all for $200 plus shipping. Could be nice wall art in the garage :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What tires are you running?

It is good to know that they hold up to the potholes, what brand and size tires are you running?
I have made the purchase and taken on some rather large potholes with no complaints. They hold up so much better than the OEM's which I have a complete set with about 11 cracks in all, most welded except one in each (I finally gave up on them one at a time). I will sell the whole OEM set with cracks, rash, and all for $200 plus shipping. Could be nice wall art in the garage :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts