BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am new to Bimmerfest. I joined mostly because I have a lot of questions regarding my 2014 335i xdrive wheel/tire situation. I wanted 245/35/20 in the front and 275/30/20 in the rear. Needless to say that DISCOUNT WHEEL WAREHOUSE switched my front tire to a 245/30/20 for "better fitment"!!! I don't believe it takes a genius to know that you can't have a front tire that's almost an inch smaller than the rear on an awd vehicle. After five phone calls they still say that they "guarantee fitment" and it is acceptable. Does anyone else believe that it is or is DISCOUNT WHEEL WAREHOUSE just a bunch of idiots who shouldn't be in business?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Yeah, you need the same diameter front & rear. That said, your desired fitment may be a little too ambitious. The BMW-recommended 20" sizes are 225/35R-20 front and 255/30R-20 rear; you're wanting two sizes bigger than stock. That may be where the tire store is coming from on this -- they may know, or fear, that you will rub somewhere...

While you can't order a 3er with 20s AFAIK, BMW does sell 20" wheels at the parts counter and lists the recommended sizes as above for the 20s in the German price list.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts