Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.9%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking about getting some track wheels/tires. I'm partial to the CH's, but the SSR's are so light! :yikes:

BBS CH

SSR Comp

BBS LM

BBS RKII

BBS RK

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I voted for the Competitions, but I don't really think they are up to the abuse of a 3300lb car on public highways. More of a track rim.

I say go for any another SSR wheel, like the GT1 or GT3. Look great, weigh very little, strong enough for the street. Oh, and they are much cheaper than most of the BBS line. :thumbup:

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Guess which I voted for?:p

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
I was going to get new wheels for my car almost a year ago . . . I love the Hamann HM2's.
I think they give the E46 a great look . . .

When all was said and done I ended up buying a set of 330Ci non-sport wheels with all season tires . . . I use them for winter time :)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Alan F said:
When all was said and done I ended up buying a set of 330Ci non-sport wheels with all season tires . . . I use them for winter time :)
Alan you should sell your car and send those wheels to me:D

You wouldn't ant to put them on a Cic after all;) :p

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Alan you should sell your car and send those wheels to me:D

You wouldn't ant to put them on a Cic after all;) :p
No Cic for me . . . since I fixed this annoying clicking noise I had on my Mitsu I am loving it . . .

I've decided to keep both my cars and have changed my agenda to 'what do I get for my wife next year when we sell our Odyssey'

And just so you feel the love . . . :flipoff: :flipoff:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Alan F said:

No Cic for me . . . since I fixed this annoying clicking noise I had on my Mitsu I am loving it . . .

I've decided to keep both my cars and have changed my agenda to 'what do I get for my wife next year when we sell our Odyssey'

And just so you feel the love . . . :flipoff: :flipoff:

Does that mean no wheels for me:dunno: :( :bawling:

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Mystikal said:
I voted for the Competitions, but I don't really think they are up to the abuse of a 3300lb car on public highways. More of a track rim.
Mystikal, did you read what Chris wrote?

I am thinking about getting some track wheels/tires.
:dunno: :banghead:

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CD-55 said:
Guess which I voted for?:p
What size did you go with? I've read that it's better to get 4 of the same size rather than try to maintain the staggered setup for track use...

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
Cd-55 - great picture :thumbup:

Do you have any other pictures of your car (like maybe the whole car) that you can share with us ?

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Alan F said:

Do you have any other pictures of your car (like maybe the whole car) that you can share with us ?
No clear ones or with clean wheels, here is the best I have.

Attachments

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Alan F said:

Attachments

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Chris330ci said:
What size did you go with? I've read that it's better to get 4 of the same size rather than try to maintain the staggered setup for track use...
I went with 17X8 and 235X40 S-03's all around.

The car still understeers more than I like, but I am not sure if this same size set-up is really faster than if I had 255 wide tires on the rear. I guess a lot depends on the course layout.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts