BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked and read almost everything i could find on N63 problems and CCP but couldn't find a good answer on whether CCP fixed the problem or not. I want to upgrade my 2011 335d to a V8, x5 or x6. Some people here stated that their 2013 x5 had n63tu others said they were looking to buy a 2013 x5 and dealer claimed it had n63tu. This is a bit confusing bc CCP covers n63 up to 2013. Can somebody clear this confusion?

·
Registered
106 Posts
None of the E70 vehicles had the N63tu. The tu was introduced into the F15 model. The CCP does not fix any of the issues as some individuals in this forum and others had the CCP done and still enjoy injector and drivetrain malfunctions. I had the CCP done and have not had any problems pre and post CCP. However, I currently have only 27k miles on my vehicle, so time will tell when and if the N63 issues develop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None of the E70 vehicles had the N63tu. The tu was introduced into the F15 model. The CCP does not fix any of the issues as some individuals in this forum and others had the CCP done and still enjoy injector and drivetrain malfunctions. I had the CCP done and have not had any problems pre and post CCP. However, I currently have only 27k miles on my vehicle, so time will tell when and if the N63 issues develop.
Yeah that is very disappointing :( i really want that v8 x5. just can't risk it. i guess ill have to go with x5 35d for a while wich I'm fine with except I'm afraid I'm not gonna like the suspension.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Yeah that is very disappointing :( i really want that v8 x5. just can't risk it. i guess ill have to go with x5 35d for a while wich I'm fine with except I'm afraid I'm not gonna like the suspension.
Get sport package. I have sport package and it is really good (it is not M, but....).

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Looks like no sport suspension in diesels until f15 came out
Well, I have sport activity package on my 2013 35d. Now, I am not sure what changes are compare to regular suspension because regular suspension on E70 is good from get go.
Compare to base models I tried (I tried numerous ones until I was sure that is the car I wanted), mine feels much more responsive (19 inch wheels) but even with snow tires (18 inches I run during winter) it feels better.
As for F15, I would take E70 any day of whatever suspension you can get on F15.
While F15 with adaptive sport suspension is OK, steering is crime against engineering.
Why don't you try to find 35i Msport version with 320hp?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I have sport activity package on my 2013 35d. Now, I am not sure what changes are compare to regular suspension because regular suspension on E70 is good from get go.
Compare to base models I tried (I tried numerous ones until I was sure that is the car I wanted), mine feels much more responsive (19 inch wheels) but even with snow tires (18 inches I run during winter) it feels better.
As for F15, I would take E70 any day of whatever suspension you can get on F15.
While F15 with adaptive sport suspension is OK, steering is crime against engineering.
Why don't you try to find 35i Msport version with 320hp?
I thought about it. but there is this one deal i am considering that might save me money, its a 35d with some body damage but clear title. i can probably have it complete for around 15k-16k. I know its not a road anybody would take but I've done it with my 335d and i loved working on it. this x5 35d when i decode the vin it says standard suspension and people here have mixed fillings about it. i originally wanted M-sport. here is the link

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?itemID=22236393&RowNumber=12

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
I thought about it. but there is this one deal i am considering that might save me money, its a 35d with some body damage but clear title. i can probably have it complete for around 15k-16k. I know its not a road anybody would take but I've done it with my 335d and i loved working on it. this x5 35d when i decode the vin it says standard suspension and people here have mixed fillings about it. i originally wanted M-sport. here is the link

Oh ok. Well it does have 19in wheels (I think those are 19in). I think it will do fine (it wont be 335d nor it can be).

·
Registered
7,661 Posts

You should go to a dealer and drive one with that setup so you know what you're getting. The standard suspension (would it be poverty suspension since we have such a thing as poverty wheel size as accepted put down on this forum) is fine IMO. Are there cars that handle better? Certainly, but they would be cars, not SUVs.
Drove mine from Reno to Incline village for swim and bike this morning.on mount rose Hwy. it's fairly twisty and fun with no traffic in a capable car, certainly more challenging than a lot of the typical roads in the US. The X5 always does fine on that road and I'm on it a lot... Did I wish I had the E46 on a no traffic early morning? Yes, but the bike doesn't fit well in E46 convertible and I don't think an expensive suspension option on the X5 would have changed how I felt about the whole thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts